Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Blog Every Day In May

So in typical Lauren fashion - I saw something, I thought it was cool, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Precisely five minutes ago I spotted a link to my friend Laura's first 'Blog Every Day In May' post, and thought to myself...why the hell not!? Having previously stated that I will never be a consistent blogger, I know some of you may be rolling your eyes. And I am too, if I'm honest! I think having prescribed subjects will definitely help...I'd blog more often if I felt like anything I had to say was of any interest to anyone!

If you want to know more about the challenge you can find out here.

So, here goes.

Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less.
This is going to be a tough one. We all know 'concise' is not my strong point.
 
 
Ok, so that's me. Lauren Elizabeth Jones, first known as 'Baby Parle', born 15th September 1990 at Harold Wood Hospital weighing 8lbs 4.5oz. I was raised by my parents in a myriad of homes in Essex and London. In 1996 my little brother arrived, and in 1999 my parents separated and subsequently divorced.
I was not an easy teenager to raise. I went from a happy child to the demon bitch from hell, pretty much overnight. Throughout my teenage years there were fights, arguments, disappearing acts, inappropriate boyfriends and even run-ins with the police. In spite of all that, and to the frank disbelief of family and teachers, my grades were always very good. Knowing what I know now I’d say I was already suffering with depression – but that’s a story for another post.
Throughout this time I was ‘overweight’. By the time I finished my first term at uni in 2010 I was 0.4 BMI points shy of morbidly obese. Everything I have achieved between now and then is due to my decision to join Weight Watchers. The pictures here and in the sidebar speak a thousand words, but it’s still not enough to convey the effect that losing weight had. I was on the verge of leaving university, miserably unhappy, horribly unhealthy and starting the think ‘the bad thoughts’. Life isn’t all sunshine and butterflies now but it’s a world away from what it was. It sounds incredibly shallow to say that my life has been shaped by losing weight, but it’s true. Many of my closest friends I met through Weight Watchers. It led me into my current career. I think it’s fair to say that in one way or another, it shaped everything that happened between then and now.
293 words…close enough ;)
 
With all my love,
Lauren xx


2 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! I'm quite tempted to join in with this as well =)
    Also, that photo of you as a kid is cute!

    http://heartattack-andwine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the challenge too! I described myself in 5 lines ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!