Sunday, 5 May 2013

Blog Every Day In May - Slightly Belated Day Four

I know, I know, I missed yesterday....so will be making up for it today instead! I spent the whole day yesterday travelling up to Liverpool with my family and headed straight out in the evening to get food and party like its 1969 in the Cavern Club. It was probably one of the best nights I've had in a very long time - which my current hungover state can definitely attest to!

Anyway, onto day four...today's subject posed something of a problem for me, because I hand HUNDREDS of favourite quotes. I guess when you spend three years memorising quotes for essays and exams its inevitable that a few will stick with you! I'm also well known to be a complete sucker for nice words so things from songs, films and tv shows stick with me. Here are a few....

'Well don't you know that it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder.' - Hey Jude, The Beatles. Partly because its beautiful, but mostly because it reminds me of my mum.

'I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.' - Stephenie Meyer, Twilight. Cringe I know but it reminds me that sometimes something bad has to happen, to help you appreciate all the wonderful things you do have.

'I have made the most important discovery of my career - the most important discovery of my life. It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reasons can be found. I am only here tonight because of you. You are the only reason I am. You are all my reasons.' - A Beautiful Mind. Just because its so incredibly beautiful.

'Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about.' - Oscar Wilde, Lady Lady Windermere's Fan. I think it's something we would all do well to remember from time to time.

'It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.' - J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Sometimes everyone gets so caught up in what it is they want to do, what they aspire to be, that they neglect to live now. I'm as guilty as anyone. This quote reminds me that it's fine to have aspirations and dreams but not at the cost of what we have and who we are in the here and now. Aim for the best there is and the best you can be, but make sure you enjoy the ride there.

With all my love, as always,
Lauren xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!