Thursday, 2 May 2013

Blog Every Day In May - Day 2

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.
 
So, I made it to day 2. You're impressed, I can tell.
 
This is a challenge that I suspect will be very difficult for a lot of people. I'm imagining reams of posts all stating 'but there's nothing I'm good at'. And to be honest, that's exactly how I feel. Sure, there are things I'm ok at, but I've never really excelled at anything. I had decent grades and graduated with an ok degree, but nothing ground-breaking. I'm not terrible at my job but I wouldn't go around singing my own praises either. I can't dance, or sing, or draw, or take photographs, or any of that wonderful arty creative stuff. I can't even walk in heels without falling over.
 
So instead of what will inevitably be a painful and humiliating foray into my sad, empty, talentless life, I thought I'd take a further leaf out of Laura's book and share with you something that I do know.
 
 
This quote has been with my a lot recently. I'm at a stage - in my job, in my life - where I'm learning. Learning and adapting, and all I can do now is my best. And eventually I'll learn - I'll figure out better ways to do things, I'll learn new methods. I'll change, be different, be better.
 
So what am I good at now? Nothing, really. But the question is, what will I be good at one day?

1 comment:

  1. This topic stumped me too tbh. I just ended up writing a semi-biography of a favourite band, in order to avoid posting about how little I know about anything else! I like your different take on the topic though.

    heartattack-andwine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!