Sunday, 10 March 2013

Sunday Summary 10/03

Hi, my name is Lauren...you might remember me, I used to blog around here from time to time...no? Well, that's ok. It's been a while.

I know, I know, I'm rubbish at this blogging malarkey. So much so, I have so much to catch you up on that this will be less of a 'look what I did this week' post, and more of a 'look what I've done in 2013 so far' post. And on that note, welcome to the first Sunday Summary on A Little Less of Lauren. I'm hoping that by having a scheduled weekly post that is expected by my lovely readers, I'll be more likely to sort my life out and actually post something. Well, that's the plan anyway.

First off, lets address the elephant on the blog (me) (just kidding) (but not really)....there isn't actually a little less of me. That being said, there isn't any more of me either. I seem to be holding steady around 13st 12lb at the moment, which is about 20lbs heavier than I'd like to be but isn't the end of the world. I'm wearing 12-14s and while I'd like to be a consistent size 12 and have a bit more fitness and bit less thigh, life is pretty much all good. I think the only reason I've managed to 'maintain' at this weight rather than pile on the pounds is due to my good behaviour during the day (most of the time). Work is so busy that snacking isn't really an option, and while lunch is a potential landmine (we have a big 'going out for lunch' culture in the office, which is not conducive to a healthy waistline or purse) I'm normally pretty good. The evenings are a different story, but in an attempt to combat that and drop the last stone and a half I have now taken over the menus at home and have *gulp* rejoined the gym. I'll let you know how it goes!

So what else has been happening in the life of me? Well as I'm sure you've all seen by now, I have now stepped down from Team Where Are My Knees?. There were several reasons for this really. Firstly I'm not actually losing weight or doing any kind of fitness regime at the moment, so posting 'I stayed the same' week after week with not much else to add seemed a bit pointless. It also made me feel the need to make excuses, when in reality I don't need to. Truth is losing weight is not top of my list of priorities at the moment. I am, for the most part, happy with where I am now. Of course I would like to lose more, tone up, get fit and all that noise, but I don't have that driving desire to do it right this very second. Until I do, its not going to happen. The other big reason I decided to take a step away from Where Are My Knees? is because of my job. Not only does it take up a lot of my time and energy (honestly, I don't know how people manage full-time jobs, relationships, children and blogging, I can barely cope with one) but it also affiliates me very strongly with Weight Watchers. Where Are My Knees? works with a lot of different weight loss and fitness plans and it wouldn't have been wholly appropriate for me to be affiliated with X through a blog, when I work with Y. I was both a pleasure and privilege to be part of Where Are My Knees?, and I loved being part of the team. The girls and Chris have kindly agreed to have me back for guest posts from time-to-time, so when I have something weight-loss related to post about I will dropping them all a line.

Life, otherwise, has been pretty much amazing. Work is wonderfully manic and stressful (if that's even a real thing). I've always had jobs that have kept me busy, but unlike previously this job actually challenges me and I'm noticing more and more how I'm picking things up and learning things as I go along. I work on some pretty big clients, each one extremely different to the others, so no two days are ever the same. Both my close colleagues and other people within the company are all lovely and its genuinely a really nice place to work. I'm aware that I'm bragging a little bit now, and I would hate to be one of those insufferable 'look at how amazing my job is' types but...well, it is. My evenings, especially over the last couple weeks (since pay day) have consisted of various drinks and meals out with friends and family. Unfortunately I'm a terrible blogger and am crap at taking pictures, but I've been spending money and consuming an excessive number of calories with my parents and extended family, the lovely Laura who I worked with at DK, my good friend Jack and the wonderful Sophie. I'm especially sad Sophie and I didn't get any pictures of our evening of cocktails and pizza - we were both looking pretty fit that night ;)

As for my weekends...they have, for the most part, consisted of a lot of time spent in Leicester. You see, there's a boy. He has a horribly inconvenient job that means he currently resides in the midlands. I shouldn't grumble, because a) he used to work in Chile, which is a lot further away than Leicester, and b) Leicester is super-duper cheap and makes a refreshing change for my poor London-battered bank account. I mean, as if we got a large glass of wine and a big bottle of Bulmers for £7 the other day. I would've paid £9.50 just for the wine in London and thought myself lucky for getting change of a tenner.

Anyway, the boy-type...I have spent the last few weeks debating whether or not to mention him on here. I kind of feel like mentioning someone new on your blog is a bit of a danger zone. It's almost like introducing them to your family (which I haven't yet, because I quite like this one and my family terrifies even me...I'm not entirely sure he'd survive an encounter with my mother. Particularly if she's had a glass or two of wine.) To me, at least, acknowledging the presence of someone in your life in writing, on the internet, for the world and his uncle to see, signifies a certain level of commitment that I'm not sure actually exists...but it felt fake and a bit sordid to completely gloss over the entire thing in a 'here's what I've been up to' post when that's what I've been doing most weekends since the end of December. So anyway, yeah. There it is. Out there for the world to see. Now I'm scared. As previously discussed, I don't really do relationships in the traditional sense...this is all very new and different for me and I wasn't really expecting it. Its really horribly inconvenient given everything else going on at the moment. I mean, surely a new job is enough stress, without throwing this into the mix too? I'm not entirely sure where, if anywhere, things are going yet...and if I'm honest, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about not being sure. The control freak in me wants an itinerary of what's happening and when, in any given situation, but I'm trying not to let my own psychosis dictate things too much. Yes, this is me trying to be normal. I'll keep you posted on whether or not it works.

So, that's this week's Sunday Summary and that's been my life for the last few weeks. I wish I had some pretty pictures to add to it all, but as previously mentioned I'm generally a bit of a shit blogger so this is what you're getting. What have all you been up to? I hope all the yummy mummys out there have had a day of being spoiled, and that everyone else has had a wonderful weekend!

All my love,
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. same here, taken a bit of a break with the weight loss but trying to get back on track now, about another 25lbs to go and it wont shift itself! Boys don't help with diets, took one for a hangover cure American breakfast with pancakes this morning and ate way too much :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the blogging world!
    Jillian - PS, if you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to check out the giveaway we're hosting for a $50.00 giftcard to Shabby Apple!
    http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy to hear about this relationship:)))

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!