Tuesday, 12 March 2013

If At First You Don't Succeed, Try Try Try Try Try Again.

I mentioned in my last post that I'm not really losing at the moment, but that I'd like to be. I find it all too easy to slip into bad habits, particularly at the moment when my oh-so-wonderful habits of my university days are so far behind me. It's been a long time since I've been properly on track - my week normally consists of a couple of good days, followed by four or five terrible ones. And repeat. Going to weigh in at meetings wasn't helping - I think its more the actual meeting that helps me stay on track, rather than the getting weighed part. With my job keeping me at work late regularly and my current 'joint custody' weekend set-up with the boy-toy, committing to a meeting is practically impossible. Instead of paying for a service I can't get to with any regularity I've instead cancelled my monthly pass (the money is going towards a gym membership instead) and have joined forces with Elinor and Sarah in the hope that having someone who I'm regularly in contact with will help keep me on track. The girls and I have been chatting all week and I've found it's helped me to not completely freak out and stuff my face at every opportunity, even with three meals out. One of which included a starter. One of which included dessert. One of which included both. And a baileys latte. And two cocktails and half a bottle of wine. But let's not dwell on that.

By some miracle I managed to lose 2lbs this week in spite of all that - don't ask me why, I cannot for the life of me figure it out but I'm certainly not complaining. All three of us weighed ourselves this morning and lost a total of 6lbs between us - Elle's 3lb loss took her to a total loss of 6st and her lowest ever weight, so go show her some love and congrats on twitter or her blog.
 
Anyway, my nothing-short-of-miraculous weight loss has spurred me on and given me some motivation to actually make more of an effort this week. Even though I have a dinner on Thursday and a late Mothers Day trip to London planned for this weekend, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to behave myself the rest of the time. Despite the last couple of days of wintry weather (seriously England, what is up with you at the moment?!) I am very aware that spring and summer are fast approaching and being the fat chick in the too-tight shorts is so not what its about. I have a wardrobe full of clothes from last summer, when I was about a stone lighter, and I'd quite like for them to fit and look nice again this summer. That's the plan anyway. I'm removing myself from the temptation of my mothers cooking by taking over my own dinners and trying to avoid the temptation to blow out at lunch time just because my colleagues are going somewhere I quite fancy. I fully appreciate that this will go completely out the window when I go to Leicester next weekend and end up matching half a rugby team drink for drink and then scoffing sausage and chips on the way back...lets hope that being good in the meantime will counteract that at least a little bit!
 

 
Have you weighed in yet this week? How did you get on?

3 comments:

  1. Doing amazing Lauren
    Have just blogged and have took your previous comments on board x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go us. Not sure how I managed it, but its been great chatting with you and Elle all week. We can do this! As for next weekend remember, damage limitation, burn those drinks before you have them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!