Monday, 11 February 2013

All These Little Things

In lieu of an actual 'progress' update, I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon (admittedly I'm rather late to the party, but never mind) with one of these - 30 Facts about little old me. Some of these you may already know, some may be a surprise...none of them will be particularly groundbreaking because...well...I'm pretty boring.


  1. I'm just over 5 feet 11 inches in height. When I was a kid I loved being tall, then I hit 14 and got interested in boys and they were all half my size. That was a dark time.
  2. I have always been and probably will always be my own worst critic. 
  3. My parents divorced when I was 9 and have since both met new partners. I always thought that I was ok with this - with hindsight, I wasn't. My wild teenage years are a pretty strong indicator of this.
  4. I have extremely poor eyesight and wear contact lenses all the time - from the moment I wake up to just before I close my eyes to sleep. I have done since I was 14.
  5. I cry all the time, but never in front of other people. Books, films, tv shows, music, adverts, anything really. There is rarely a day goes by when I don't well up about something or another. Considering the amount of eye makeup I wear, this is a problem.
  6. I have a pronounced dimple on my right thigh from when one of my immunisations as a baby went wrong.
  7. When I was a kid I genuinely believed I would be getting a letter from Hogwarts on my 11th birthday. I'm still waiting - I can only assume my owl got lost.
  8. Further to that, I've read each of the Harry Potter books at least eight times. I still cry at the end of each one.
  9. I stand by my opinion that baked beans are a vegetable.
  10. I'm allergic to exercise. (I'm lazy.)
  11. The scar above my left eye is from a 'stone war' that took place outside my Nan's flat when I was five. One of the bigger boys threw half a brick at me. We lived in East London, what can I say.
  12. My brother is five years and ten months younger than me. To this day I'm still devastated that he wasn't a girl.
  13. I changed my degree four times before settling on English and American Literature.
  14. I'm currently working in Public Relations, a feat that seems quite astounding as I'm socially awkward at the best of times.
  15. When I lost weight, my feet shrank. I went from a size 8-9 to a 7. And promptly spent an obscene amount of money on new shoes.
  16. I refuse to watch the last fifteen minutes of Remember Me. Too sad.
  17. I consider it a sign of my parents' success at raising me that my iPod is filled with The Beatles, Elvis, The Rolling Stones, Paul Weller, Abba and various other 60s/70s/80s brilliance from their childhood and youth.
  18. I still have a tongue piercing, even though I haven't worn a bar in it for almost two years.
  19. When I was first born, the nurse took me to be weighed and I slipped out of her hands. She didn't drop me, but I still have nightmares and wake up thinking I'm falling even now.
  20. I've been known to eat peanut butter straight from the jar with a spoon. Which doesn't sound too bad, until I tell you it was the whole jar and that it was the only thing I ate that day.
  21. I'm completely terrified by the fact that all my friends know exactly what they're doing and where they're going, and I still don't have a clue.
  22. I'm the most accident prone person I know. I once broke my ankle just walking down the street.
  23. My favourite book changes on a regular basis. At the moment it's Silver Linings Playbook.
  24. I have a mole on my right nipple. No, you can't see it. Perverts.
  25. The majority of the liquids I consume are brown and full of caffeine. Those that aren't are red and full of alcohol.
  26. I pretend that I'm really cynical, but I'm actually a typical mushy girl who likes bags carried, doors held open and jackets offered. Don't tell anyone though, you'll ruin my street cred.
  27. The best essay grade I ever got was for a piece of work started at 2am on the morning it was due.
  28. I know every word to the full-length version of Don McLean's 'American Pie'. Even without the music.
  29. I once played an instrumental part in making a tourist at the Tower of London cry, after she scratched me and the Yeoman Warder on duty threatened to have her arrested for assaulting a member of staff.
  30. I have an irrational hatred for Ashley Cole.
That was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I can only conclude that I am either an exceptionally boring person or....no, that's it. I'm boring.

Did you do one of these? Link me up if so! 

Lauren xxx

7 comments:

  1. I also consider it a sign of my good upbringing that I have such old school music taste. I know all the words to Baby Got Back. You have no street cred.

    ...

    LOVE YOU! xx

    cheesecakedemons.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3. I have also recently realised that I was a hideous teenager and that it was probably linked, in no small way, to the fact that my 'father' was an idiot who, after divorcing my Mum had no time for us. I didn't realise it at the time.

    7. My daughter is convinced of the same thing. One year until she is bitterly disappointed.

    30. I'm not sure there is anything irrational about that.
    8. Said daughter beats you hands down I'm afraid. She has now read the first book 20 times. I wish I was joking.

    11. Are you sure it wasn't You Know Who?

    ReplyDelete
  3. irrational hatred for Ashley Cole? it's not irrational he's a *insert lots of expletives*

    ReplyDelete
  4. 26. Guys don't get us girls.

    28. I know all the words too! This is my "I randomly burst into song" song.

    I would consider doing one of these, but I don't think I could even get 10 random things.
    http://snippets-scribbles.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great facts - I was devastated when my sister wasn't a boy! Here's my post http://knickersandnailpolish.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Great post! I too cry at anything but even at the tender age of 30 still find crying in front of my parents can lead to my own way :P

    Can't agree with the Ashley Cole comment as I am a blues fan... though aren't all men the same?? I know too many like him, they just aren't in the public eye... though would be if I blogged about them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't do one of these but did give you a shout out on http://Fat4now.blogspot.com for the fab previous post comment.
    What I needed to hear at the right time x

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!