Sunday, 20 January 2013

Snowy Sunday

Things I love about snow days:


Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur



Mad puppies in the snow



More mad puppies in the snow



Scorching hot bubble baths



A new series of Call the Midwife



Fluffy jammies and a good book

This weekend has passed in a flurry of snow and a lot of much needed relaxation. I'm still finding my feet at my new job, and getting accustomed to things being all go all of the time. As much as I'm loving it I couldn't wait for the weekend to roll around, particularly as I've been away from home for the last three. There nothing like waking up in your own bed after a good long sleep, is there?

Last night I made a pilgrimage to London in the snow for dinner and drinks with two of my ex housemates, Mark and Jack. It made me realise how much I miss them and the simplicity of male company. With the exception of a couple, the majority of my female friendships revolve around something of an obsessive mindset. He did this, she said that, what do you think that means? Even my mother is guilty of it. Its good to talk about things, but it can get exhausting at times. Boys are simple and uncomplicated. We talk, we laugh, we drink, we rag on each other like siblings, and its just so easy. We went for pizza and beers (or in my case, wine and vodka) in Soho and spent a lovely three hours laughing and catching up. I sometimes feel like I need to justify my overwhelmingly male friend-base, and encounter many a disbelieving stare when I tell people I lived with four boys at university. In truth my nine months at number 3 were the best of my time at university and I have more wonderful memories of them than of any other time. It always good to catch up and its nice that so far we have made the effort to do so - and the easy company of simple-minded male creatures makes a delightful change from the analytic conversation of girls.

Other than my weekend trip to the Big Smoke my only other adventure has been a snowy walk to the shops to stock up on provisions. Nancy had a whale of a time and her new coat (one of her many Christmas presents) has now been well and truly christened. Please do excuse my shocking camera work in the above by the way - a vlogger I am not. As I write this the snow is still falling on my little Essex home and I'm already dreading the journey to work tomorrow. Greater Anglia Rail and London Underground aren't known for their steadfastness in bad weather, in fact several services were cancelled last week due to 'extreme weather conditions' when there was little more than a hard frost on the ground. I will just have to hope for the best. And maybe wear two pairs of tights. I managed to track down a very old pair of bright pink weather-proof walking boots, so at least my feet will be warm and dry and protected from the elements.

How have you spent your snowy weekend?

With all my love,
Lauren xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love having a scorching hot bath after an epic snowball fight lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine venturing out to work when it is that cold! But I would love to, just once, walk in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you watch the Big Bang Theory by any chance....? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get the thing about you enjoying the simplicity of male friendships, I do too it's a refreshing change from the female friend interaction.

    Your dogs are so cute!!!! I found your blog through 'where are my knees' blog and I have been reading through it, I really like it and am now following. Well done on your weightloss, you have done so well!! I lost about 48lbs 6 years ago so I know how hard it is. Good luck with the rest of your journey, I will be following along :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend
    Giveaway Post >>> bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/love-dress-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!