Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Santa Baby

I'm not normally much of a one for 'Christmas Spirit' before the middle of December - in fact I'm widely known as something of a scrooge. For some reason this year though I'm finding myself feeling slightly more festive than I am normally accustomed to. I blame it on Pinterest and all the gorgeous Christmas decorations/recipes/gift ideas. Damn you Pinterest, you're making me go all soft!

As a sad lonely singleton I don't get the luxury of gorgeous gifts from a man-type person (although I do get pretty good gifts from my daddy, and he is a man type person) - although that means that I also don't have the added hassle and expense of trying to think of an equally gorgeous gift to give to a man-type person, so I guess I'm no worse off really! It does mean that I have to rely on mummy and daddy for all Christmas pretties though, and boy have I got my eye on a lot this year! I know, I know, that I should do the responsible thing, ask for money and use it to reduce my student overdraft and credit card bill, or put it towards decorating my room so that its actually a pleasant place for me to come home to. But really, where's the fun in that?!



The first item on my Christmas list goes at least someway to being responsible, and to be honest it is probably what I'll end up with (if I ask for money and put a couple of hundred towards it myself of course!) because my laptop is definitely on its way out. The hinges are broken, the cover is cracked, there's an ugly blue line running through the screen, the charger socket is cracked AGAIN, and the disc drive has completely stopped working. If I could give you one piece of advice it would be this - don't ever buy a Dell. I would love to say that this HP Pavilion is the laptop for me because of the memory and hard drive and operating system, but that would be a lie. Its really just because its purple.



These GHDs would also be something of a reasonable choice for a Christmas present, because my £25 Remington ones are well and truly on their way out. They've served me well though - I've had a good 18 months of use out of them so I definitely got my money's worth. I've been lusting after these Pink Cherry Blossom GHDs ever since Sarah reviewed them - so cute.


I've recently jumped on the Liz Earle bandwagon and haven't looked back since (review to come soon)! I've just placed my order for my November Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise set, but wouldn't it be nice if Santa were to slip one of their gorgeous gift hampers into my stocking....?


There is a very good chance that these beauties will be finding their way into my wardrobe long before Christmas - particularly as its pay day tomorrow and they've been reduced to £45!!  HELLO NEW SHOES. Nothing says Merry Christmas like sparkles, and nothing says Happy Lauren like new footwear. (If anyone of the parental persuasion is reading this, I'm a size 7, FYI.) Maybe I'll buy the black ones now and Santa can bring me the beige ones...after all, I wouldn't want them to be lonely.


Can we just take a moment to bask in the sheer adorableness of this bunny jumper?! I die. Topshop actually have some really gorgeous stuff in their Tall range at the moment and this is no exception. I actually saw it in store this afternoon and its so fluffy and pretty and arrrghhhh. NEED.

These are just a few of the items on my wishlist...I'm sure I'll be adding more over the coming weeks as the gorgeousness keeps rolling into the stores/onto cyberspace.

What are you asking Santa for this year?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you will have too much trouble finding a "man type person" to buy all the above for you :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironic that you wrote this considering my post this morning :)

    I hope you get everything on your list my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!