Friday, 21 September 2012

Checking In

Hey guys!


I was never gone...I was here the whole time!


I know, I know...I went AWOL...again. The last week or so of August and all of September (so far) has been...hectic. There really is no other word for it. My best friend came home to visit after leaving to go traveling back in November, so a lot of time was spent with her catching up on all her wonderful adventures (and my not-quite-so-riveting tales of finals, graduation, unemployment and then starting work). There has been engagement parties, school reunions, dates (!!), family birthday occasions, various nights out with uni and school friends, my birthday (officially an OAP), and lord knows what else. Its been exhausting, expensive and the best few weeks I've had in a really long time. And it isn't over yet! This weekend I'm partying in Canterbury (because despite working a 9-to-5 and having my degree and Graduation photo on the wall, I refuse to accept that uni is over), before heading to Brighton tomorrow to see my Dad finish the London-Brighton off-road bike ride for The British Heart Foundation. Then on Sunday I'm off to the Cake and Bake Show 2012, on Monday I'm representing WAMK at the launch of two new NAKD bars, on Tuesday I'm off to a Flying Fantastic Fitness class (again, on behalf of WAMK) and Wednesday is work drinks. Thursday and Friday offer a short reprieve, but then on Saturday I'm off to the Leamington Blogger Meet (who else will be there!?).

I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Needless to say with everything going on weight loss hasn't been top of the agenda. In fact, I won't lie, it hasn't been on the agenda at all. I didn't worry about it, didn't even think about it, for the first half of September with the result that weighing myself on Monday was a bit of an unpleasant experience. Admittedly weighing myself after four straight days of birthday celebrations probably wasn't the wisest thing I'd ever done, but I thought it'd be best to nip it in the bud before things got really bad and I was pulling out the old faithfuls again (size 20 leggings and hoodies and an entire tub of B+J in one sitting. No thanks. I've become quite attached to the 12s. Even if they are a little bit tight at the moment). I'm doing another week on SlimFast as a bit of a kick-start and will be writing an official review (as previously promised) over the weekend. Then next week its back to Weight Watchers and the crummy local meeting. I miss my Canterbury meeting and my leader and all my Cants Fat Club fwends. (Excuse me while I sulk a little bit more about not being a student anymore. Hmph.)

Anywaaaaay, thats about all for now! I just wanted to check in with you all and send my love! I promise there are some exciting (!) posts coming your way soon! Once I have time to breathe that is....


Love to you all - and thanks so much for sticking around!!
Lauren xxx

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you're having a great time! Life is for living girly :o) Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having fun and getting out and about is what you lost the weight for, so have fun and enjoy it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see your slim fast review, september has been crazy busy too and I need to get myself back on track

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!