Monday, 27 August 2012

Pay Day, Pay Day, Gotta Get Down On Pay Day.

My wages finally arrived in my account on Friday morning after nine days of being MIA. Needless to say this makes me extremely happy. Between paying rent, fares, car insurance, phone bill, credit card bill and lord knows what else, a considerable chunk was already spoken for - but I still found room in my budget for a little splurge at Westfield on Friday afternoon! I had originally said I wasn't going to buy anymore clothes until I'm at or near my goal weight, but after examining my autumn/winter wardrobe I realised that wasn't really an option - this time last year I was wearing size 16-18 and even having gained some weight recently I'm now a 12-14 (and even a 10 on top in some places). So I took one for the team and went shopping. It was a chore, let me tell you...




The boots are definitely my favourite purchase - possibly of all time. AREN'T THEY FABULOUS!? I love that they're sensible enough to wear to work but the glitter adds that bit of glam to make them work in the evening as well. The price tag is a little steeper than I'd normally pay for New Look shoes but they're real leather and super comfortable (and awesome) so they're definitely worth it. I also picked up a huge chunky grey jumper and a really cute black-and-cream stripey fit and flare dress from Primark. With the exception of the Topshop vest everything I got is work-friendly but still casual enough to wear out and about as well.



I had sadly also reached that stage where everything in my make-up bag was running out or drying up, so I paid Boots a little visit too. I was sorely tempted to splurge on a few Nails Inc and O.P.I nail polishes but I resisted as I knew I'd regret it at the end of the month when I ran out of money and had £30 worth of nail polishes sitting around doing nothing.

  1. Revlon Colourstay Foundation in 150 Buff (my A/W colour as opposed 180 Sand Beige in summer when I've got a bit more of a tan going on!)
  2. Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher in 95 Rose De Jaspe
  3. Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Flared
  4. Rimmel Glam'eyes Liquid Liner in Black Glamour
  5. L'Oreal True Match Powder in Golden Beige - a new purchase for me! I'm hoping it doesn't break at the slightest tap like all the other powders I've tried over the years!
  6. Eylure Naturalites Intense in 140 - for my unofficial school reunion at the weekend, because if I go on a night out without lashes on then I might as well forego clothes as well.
All in all I had a joyous little spend up - it was exactly what I needed after living in abject poverty since I left university in June!

What are you all spending your pennies on at the moment? Have any of you had any bank-holiday weekend spending sprees?

Lots of love,
Lauren xxx


2 comments:

  1. I love those Primark skinny jeans! Will definitely have to look out for them when I next pay a visit.

    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the clothes you have picked really nice autumn colours
    I'm currently trying to loose weight but it's not going to well for me :(
    http://www.yummymummytraining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!