Thursday, 28 June 2012

Recipe: Thai Prawns and Pasta

My mum found this recipe in one of her (many) recipe books a few weeks ago and its become a firm family favourite. Its really easy to make and makes a nice change from regular tomato based pasta sauces.

Serves 4.

Ingredients:

400g king prawns, raw
75g thai red curry paste (works out to be about 1/3 of a jar)
Juice and zest of one lime
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed or chopped
200g tinned chopped tomatoes
200ml vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
Low fat cooking spray



  1. Clean and de-vein the prawns. Coat in the curry paste and leave in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
  2. Spray a large frying pan or wok with the cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Fry the garlic and onion for about 5 or 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Pour over the tomatoes and stir in the lime juice and zest. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
  3. Add the stock to. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and add the prawns in the curry pasta. Stir thoroughly until well mixed and allow to cook for a few minutes, until the prawns are pink and cooked all the way through. Be careful not to leave them for too long - overcooked prawns are a disaster of the highest level. When the prawns are almost done, add the coriander.
  4. Serve with 150g of cooked pasta or spaghetti per person.
I worked this out as 7 ProPoints per serving, including 4 ProPoints for the pasta. We served ours with Weight Watchers Garlic Petits Pains (and normal garlic bread for my brother and stepdad!)

Let me know if any of you decide to make this, I'd love to know how it turns out for you guys! :)

Love, 
Lauren xxx

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Love prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh sounds yummy!! I am gonna try this one! nomnomnom

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I learn to cook I'm trying this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!