Tuesday, 24 April 2012

'TODAY IS LAUREN JONES DAY' - Mark Hicks

True words spoken to me by my housemate yesterday afternoon in regards to the article in The Sun. I can't help but feel that he was being slightly sarcastic, but I appreciate the sentiment anyway. His favourite things are Springsteen, Nando's, Whisky, Football, Politics and abusing me. If any of these things sound like they might be up your street, his twitter is here

Did I mention that he's a bit of a babe as well...?


Seriously though, yesterday was very much a 'me me me' day - lots of calls, texts, emails and tweets from people congratulating me. A massive thank you to anyone who took the time to get in touch, it really means a lot to me :) and I couldn't have done it without the support of the people in my life. Just want to give a quick shout out to my wonderful Weight Watchers Leader Jen, who I definitely don't mention enough on here. This woman is an absolute diamond - incredibly supportive, understanding, honest and funny, which is exactly what you need in a leader! I was having a bad few days a couple of weeks back so I dropped her a text and got a reply telling me that she'd had a bad weekend as well but hopefully we would be able to get back on the wagon together. It was exactly what I needed to hear. Yesterday she sent a text to all of her members letting them now I was in the paper, and has since been forwarding the congratulations texts that she's received from various members in my meeting. I would never have got this far without the support of her and the other ladies in my meeting - most notably Sue, Lorraine, Brenda, Ann and Maeve, plus plenty more - so thank you all so much. I couldn't have done it without you.

Unfortunately I still haven't heard back from The Sun about getting the photographs sent to me - I plan to keep nagging until they email them so watch this space! 

In all the excitement yesterday, I forgot to mention that I was doing my first 'Filling and Healthy' day on Weight Watchers, after being encouraged by a few other people I know who have given it a go. I still have mixed feelings about it, but I think a lot of that might come from the fact that my house wasn't very well stocked in fruit and veg. So rather than having a banana for a snack in the afternoon, I ended up having another crumpet. Still a F+H food, but it just didn't feel very healthy ya know? I can certainly see its merits for people who have a good grasp of what 'full' feels like, but I do worry about the fact that I may have eaten too much just because I was allowed to. I will be weighing in tomorrow morning so I guess only time will tell whether or not it was a successful day. I have a feeling it is something I will be saving for when I'm at my goal weight from now on though...

In other news, I HAVE BOOKED MY FLIGHTS TO NEW YORK FOR NEXT MONTH! Ahhhhh I am SO excited. I fly out on the 24th and come back on the 29th, so I have five days staying out there with a friend. We'll have a three day weekend together but I'll be fending for myself on the Thursday and Friday day-time...that suits me fine, because it gives me a chance to explore the parts of the city that I didn't see last time, and that he isn't interested in. Its SummerBall at my uni three days after I get back, so its going to be a hell of a week!!

Hope everyone is having a good week! I will be updating with weigh-in results over the next couple of days.

Love to you all,
Lauren xxx

2 comments:

  1. you wanna talk about how i had my own inspirational weight loss journey?!

    and

    fly out on the 24th and come back on the 19th, thats more like a month rather than a weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plugged you over at Fat4Now.Blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!