Friday, 27 April 2012

100LBS BABY!!

Ok so I'm rubbish at posting my weigh-in results...what else is new!? In fairness to myself, I've been having quite an exciting week! Despite having barely left my dining room table where I am surrounded by a years worth of notes on Middlemarch and Ulysses - gotta love exam time huh?

I weighed in on Wednesday at 12st 9.5lbs - a 2.5lb loss that brought me up to a round 100lbs gone. 

Gone. Forever. As Krystle said when she reached this landmark and few weeks back, they are not lost, they're  gone. Lost implies that they're going to be found again, and I sure as shit am not going to let that happen!

(Speaking of Krystle, I may be getting to meet the woman herself! Praying that she can find the time to make it into the city during my upcoming visit to New York. It would be incredible to meet a fellow blogger and Weight Watcher in the flesh!)

So yeah, 100lbs gone...as we don't really work in lbs over here in the UK I'm actually more excited about breaking the 7st barrier. I now have 12.5lbs to go until my ultimate goal weight. It all suddenly seems very...real. When I started I never ever thought I would get anywhere near where I am now - neither did anyone else! Practically every one I know has told me that they expected me to give up. In fact they thought I had when I had my little relapse in between August '10 and January '11. But I kept picking myself up and getting back on the wagon and now I'm so close I can practically taste it. 11st 11lbs. Just has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it?! I know that these last few lbs are going to be the hardest to shift, and given the way I've been feeling for the last few months that is going to be tough, but I know I can do it. I am now technically healthy by both NHS and Weight Watchers guidelines, meaning that I could call it a day and start maintaining now if I chose to, but I said to myself when I started that I was going to lose 8st and lose 8st is exactly what I'm going to do...come hell or high water I will see 11st 11lbs on those scales. And I don't care how long it takes me to get there, how many hours I have to spend flogging my guts out in the gym, how many times I have to say no to dessert. I will get there. I've come too far and sacrificed too much not to.

That being said, I know that for somebody of my height and build (5'11, broad shoulders and what my friends like to refer to as 'child bearing hips'), 11st 11lbs is probably on the lower side of the scale. Technically its smack-bang in the middle of the healthy BMI guideline. But the way I see it, the BMI guideline is just that - a guideline. If I get to 11st 11lbs I feel like I may be looking a little too sharp around the cheekbones and ribs, then I'll go up a few lbs. No biggy. Likewise if I get to 11st 11lbs and find that I have to live on 26 ProPoints a day and go to the gym 18 times a week to maintain it. I would rather be 12st 7lbs and happy than be 11st 11lbs and spend my entire life stressing about what I have to do to stay there. Does that make sense?

My exams are fast approaching, and this is the time when I really struggle to stay on plan. When you're spending hours chained to a desk its so easy to have a jumbo pack of maltesers or crisps to hand to stave off the boredom/stress. Despite going a little overboard at dinner at my Nan's house this evening, I'm determined not to succumb to temptation for the rest of the week - and if I do, to keep it within my ProPoints allowance. I'm heading to my dads tomorrow and back to Canterbury on Sunday. My first exam is next Wednesday (at the same time as my Weight Watchers meeting...typical!) so exercise is not going to be a high priority between now and then. I'm going to have to be extra careful not to let the lbs creep back onto me over the next couple of weeks. I would dearly love to be in the lower half of the 12s by the time I head to New York on May 24th - four weeks today! - meaning I need to lose at least 3lbs between now and then. Even taking exams and so on into consideration I don't think this is too tall of an order. I suspect that I may gain anything up to 5lbs while I'm out there, but I'll worry about that when I'm back. I'm only going to live once, and I plan to make the most of my trip (and then hope that I still fit in my SummerBall dress by the time I get back...)

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!
Love, 
Lauren xxx

5 comments:

  1. WOW Congrats on such a amazing weight loss so far, you are such a inspiration!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaaaay! I don't really have a goal weight for the reasons you mentioned. Don't know how I will look at my 'healthy' bmi and how hard it will be to maintain. I have just hit -75lbs :) and my next goal is -100. We were really similar start weights actually. I want to be in size 14/16 shorts by Reading Fest, first goal then -100.
    Hope exam time isn't too hard on the diet for you, just keep the house stocked up with healthy snacks and ready meals so you aren't tempted to get takeaways and eat biscuits which is what I did in uni. £5 for pizza, can, garlic bread and chicken, don't mind if I do. Nightmare.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lauren! I'm really happy for you. Don't ever let people try to get you down, keep pushing through and show the world what you're made of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!! Congratulations on your 100lb's gone forever, that's incredible! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inspiring !
    Actually thanks to your blog i took the plunge and joined Weight Watchers this week !
    So many thanks :)

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!