Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Weigh-In and a few other treats

Hi guys!

Well first and foremost lets get the bad news out of the way! I weighed in this morning with a gain of 1.5lbs - taking me back up to 13st 3lbs. Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting so I'm thrilled, and 100% ready to get back down to it and get rid of this last 19.5lbs! It can only have been fate that my box of freebies (mentioned in this post) arrived from Weight Watchers this morning, so I am well and truly armed for the week ahead! I got lots of lovely stuff in my goody bag, some of which I will be reviewing over the next few weeks.



I'm especially excited about the Member's Favourites cookbook and the Garlic and Herb Bag 'n' Bake! The people at Weight Watchers have also very kindly sent me a code for six months free access to eSource. I love eSource. I have always loved eSource. The only reason I don't have it is because I help out at the meetings and don't have a monthly pass - ergo, no eSource. Since my mum signed up in January I've been using her account to look things up on eSource whenever I've needed it, but I'm so excited about having my own account again, and being able to track online and try out all the new recipes. Big love to the wonderful folks at Weight Watchers for hooking me up, it is greatly appreciated! If any of you have monthly pass and don't use the online tools, then you definitely need to get on that! eSource helps you learn how to get the most out of your points, you can track more accurately and there are literally thousands of different recipes to try out as well - not to mention access to the forums for support from like-minded Weight Watchers all over the country. Have I sold it to you yet? Yeah, thought so.

Despite gaining at weigh-in this morning, I've been feeling surprisingly positive all day. After the meeting my friend Nikki and I went for a peruse of the shops in town, and I came home with a new outfit that has been earmarked for my friends 21st next week. Not only did I buy a (fake) leather skirt, something that I never ever thought I would be able to buy, but I also purchased a size 10 top. Thats right folks, size 10. My first ever size 10 item was purchased today! Granted its in a baggy style so it doesn't really count - but still! IT IS A SIZE FREAKING TEN! I have never been a size 10 in my life, and here I am, casually buying size 10 tops. Seriously, who am I!? I also had the mop that I call hair de-frizzed and de-gingered today - I am now back to being a brunette with no split ends! Oh, and I have a yummy beef stew in the slow cooker ready for tomorrow evening's dinner. All in all its been a very good day!

I think that is it for now - I just wanted to stop by and update you on this morning!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous well!

Lauren xxx


6 comments:

  1. Well done Lauren - I bet you'll get rid of that 1.5lb this week with ease :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh everyone in class is talking about the members cookbook. Only £8.95 too which isn't bad.
    Only 19.5 left to go?! wont take you long at all, how exciting!
    I just hit the - 5 stone mark and got my first size 16 in Topshop. Smiles on my face ALL week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh also me and Sarah from WAMK have made a private FB group for WW support. If you want to join us and a few other girls DM me on twitter and we can add you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren - just found your blog and wanted to say WOW, you've done so amazingly well! Keep it up, can't wait to see you blast through those last few pounds to goal.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through "The Misadventures of Mrs Wiffo" blog. I just wanted to say congrats on your weight loss. You look great! Your story is very inspiring to many.
    I'm a Sydney-based French blog writer, promoting healthy eating and weight management based on the principle of the French paradox (the reason why French women don't get fat despite eating while they love most). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. IF I hadn't tried and fail WW before you'd have SO sold it to me! Although I do use WW and slimfast food for snacking (mini cakes, mmmm hello!). Don't let a little gain get you down :) I'm so jealous that you've got so little left to go! I'm hoping when I go on placement working 38 hours a week will keep me super busy (so less time to eat!) xoox

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!