Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Weigh-In Updates

Hi everyone!

So you may have noticed the lack of a weigh-in post last week, and there is good reason for this. Last week, after tracking religiously and hitting the gym four times, I had a gain of 0.5lbs. I know, I know, it doesn't seem like much, but when you've been so good, the last thing you want is to have gained weight. I tried not to let it bother me too much, and just carried on as normal this week...tracking, going to the gym and to spin/combat/step classes. I stepped on the scales this morning, and guess what?

0.5lb on

Needless to say, I was livid. Like, seriously so annoyed and frustrated and just generally furious about the injustice of it all. And I know that I'm losing inches, and I know that everyone reaches a plateau at some point and you just have to struggle through and not lose focus and blah blah blahhhh....I know all that. But it doesn't make it any less annoying when you're doing everything right and the numbers are going up instead of down.

Anyway, after quietly seething throughout the remainder of my meeting and simultaneously planning a trip to McDonalds and the bakery on the way home, I decided that enough was enough. I am not about to be beaten by a measly 1lb gain - not when I've come so far and I'm so close to getting to where I want to be. I've lost over 90lbs, for crying out loud. Whats 1lb in comparison to that?! F*** all, thats what!

Instead I decided to focus on all of the good things that have happened this week:

  1. I can now run for a full mile. I went to the gym last week with the intention of jogging on the treadmill for five minutes. Five minutes came and went, and I ended up jogging for twelve minutes and clocking up just over a mile! I have never been able to jog for more than two minutes in my life, in fact when I started I couldn't even jog for 30 seconds, so to be able to jog for twelve minutes feels incredible (NB I went to the gym today and added a minute to that time - go me!)
  2. Another fitness related one: I reached a new 'top gear' in my Spin class on Friday. I am now what is considered by my instructor (affectionately nicknamed Army Man/Bionic Man because he is HENCH) as a 'veteran' spinner.
  3. I went out on Saturday night and pulled! My friends Natalie and Liz did their classic 'have you met my friend Lauren' to a guy on the dance floor and I ended up getting a drink and a number out of it. This does not happen often and so is definitely something to be celebrated! I'm not sure if I'll see him again, but it was a nice ego boost nonetheless.
  4. After seeing that I was a bit disheartened by gaining for the second week in the row, my leader told me something guaranteed to cheer me up. Its all on the down-low at the moment but hopefully I'll have more news to share with you all soon!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Lauren xx



2 comments:

  1. It must be the weather cos I gained this week too (only 1lb) but its still annoying!

    Remember where you've come from and how fantastic you're doing, I can run for 3 minutes on the treadmill and i'm exhausted but hoping to ramp that up as I get fitter and lose more.

    You're an inspiration hun, keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just discovered your blog and I'm so glad I did! You are amazing and have done fantastically well!
    You are my new weight loss inspiration, keep it up girly!

    xx

    http://wearenouvellevague.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!