Saturday, 4 February 2012

Failing At WI Updates, A Little Thank You And More.

(Disclaimer: I would like to apologise in advance if this post is a bit all over the place. Not going to lie, my head is a bit all over the place at the moment so it makes sense that the blog should be as well)

Hi guys! So I know I'm massively late with the weekly weigh-in updates, but better late than never right!? This week I lost a fantastic (if I do say so myself) 5lbs at weigh-in, bringing me to a grand total of 6st 7.5lbs lost. I was hoping for a loss of around 3lbs, because I was super good last week both food and exercise wise. I went right back to basics in terms of tracking - weighing and recalculating everything - and I managed five hardcore gym sessions as well. I can 100% say that I earned everyone ounce that I lost last week...I just didn't expect it to be quite so many ounces! Especially not when I'm this close to my goal (20.5lbs to go, eeeeeek!)


On top of having a really good loss on the scales, I've also blasted away a fair few inches over the last four weeks. You might remember from my previous post that I said I would keep you updated on my inch loss as and when the time comes to fill it in in my journal. As of Wednesday, my measurements were:

Right Upper Arm: 11.5in (loss of 0.5in)
Waist: 29.5in (loss of 2in!!!)
Hips: 41in (loss of 1.5in)
Right Thigh: 24in (loss of 1in)

I'm especially pleased about having lost 2 inches from my waist and an inch and a half from my hips. I am a classic pear-shape and my hips, arse and thighs are the bane of my life! I don't care how many times Gok Wan tells me that curves are sexy - give me skinny legs, narrow hips and little bum any day!

Ok, moving on from my AMAZING weigh-in results (you can tell I was pleased, can't you?) and onto other topics. Without trying to sound like a bit of an attention whore, I just want to say that there isn't really much that I'm really good at. I was never a dancer, I can't sing, I don't play any sports. I used to go to a drama class but I was never the star of the show (except when I was Eliza Doolittle of My Fair Lady in my year five school play. The pre-learning to speak properly Eliza. And even then I was only cast because I hadn't quite lost my cockney accent.) I'm probably slightly above average academically - slightly. I'm good at my subject, but I am by no means the best. I'm a good friend. Other than that, there's nothing I've ever really been 'the best' at, or been massively praised for.

And then along came Fat Fighters Weight Watchers.

Weight Watchers is the first thing ever that I've really been praised for. I'm not going to go all gooey and teary-eyed on you all - thats not really my thing. But I feel like I need to acknowledge all the wonderful comments and compliments that I've received since I started the plan. I can't quite articulate how much it means to me that people have taken the time to comment on the blog, or stop me in my Weight Watchers meeting to congratulate me. It is the most bizarre and humbling feeling in the world to have strangers tell you that you are 'inspiring', and to know that I've been able to help people. Over the last couple of months there seems to have been something of a chain reaction going on, with more and more of my friends and family signing up and losing weight. I'm not egotistical enough to believe that I am solely responsible for their losing weight and getting healthy, but its so lovely and flattering to know that they feel that they can come to me for help and encouragement and advice. When I first started I didn't know anybody who was at or close to goal, and I feel like I really missed out on some of the encouragement and advice I could have received had I known somebody who was on the other side of it. I definitely wouldn't have taken my August 2010-January 2011 sabbatical if I had had someone on side to remind me that sacrificing a few snakebites and a takeaway on a night out is worth it in the long run. Because believe me, it is. 100, 200, 300%. I can say that without a shadow of a doubt, and I'm not even at my goal yet. Knowing that people are  proud of what I've achieved so far, and are looking to me as a demonstration of how well the plan actually work spurs me on even harder to get to my goal weight, because if I don't its not just me that I'm letting down. Its all of you, my followers, as well. Its my wonderful friend Emma, who has been my biggest supporter since day one. Its Liz, who just got to her 10% target, and Nikki, who just joined up. Its Natalie, who got to her goal last week. Its my mum and stepmum, both of whom have recently joined and are doing fantastic. Its my family, who have been nothing but supportive of me no matter what. Its also my housemates, who I have driven to distraction with talk of pounds lost and dress sizes dropped, as well as entirely taking over the freezer with about 100 different batch recipes in takeaway containers. Basically any person who has ever congratulated or praised or just put up with me in anyway - thank you for your support. I will never get tired of being told how well I've done, particularly during those times when I don't feel it myself.

Wow...I'm glad I got that off my chest. I feel so much better now. A couple more things before I bury my head in T.S Eliot....

On Wednesday we went out to celebrate aforementioned friend Natalie getting to her goal weight. I'm sure you're all bored to tears of this dress by now, but I love it so I don't care!!

Natalie, me and Nikki

Only slightly intoxicated...

First ever reasonably nice photo of me and Mark

Loving life in the Little Red Dress

The reason I am sharing these photos with you is because the Little Red Dress is sadly on its way out - ie its getting too big! I'm completely devastated because I love it so much, but I'm pretty sure there is only a couple more wears in it before I can no longer pull it off. I never thought I would be sad about clothes getting too big for me, but I am. I think this is one of my all-time favourite items of clothing. Along with this black dress, of course.

Other than my inevitable sadness about the impending loss of the Little Red Dress, as well as my uncontrollable compulsion to be a complete masochist good friend/decent human being, I had a fantastic night. It was so nice to go out for the night with people that I wouldn't normally go out with. I think I definitely have some residual fat-girl fear of going out to clubs, and I have only ever really gone with my housemates or Emma, Sophie and Katie because I know them so well! Its nice to know there's another pre-Weight Watchers habit that I've managed to break. Now all I need to do is stop biting my nails and I'm golden!

Ok, I've rambled on for far too much for one day! From now on I will endeavour to update more regularly and therefore not end up inundating you all with the useless shit that falls out of my brain!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Muchos amor!
Lauren x

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the red dress. You look stunning and soooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the red dress and love you, always here for you sugar tits xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my clothes are getting too big for me now like my fave green lace dress, such a nice feeling when things are hanging off you when they used to be tight. I just sold 10 dresses on ebay and used the paypal money to buy new ones on ASOS 3-4 sizes smaller than the ones I sold :)
    -5lbs is amazing! I feel like I need to step up on the exercise front as my losses have slowed down. At about -4.4 stone right now but need to see a few 2-3lb losses.
    I have a trip to Manchester over Easter planned and I want to wear a size 16 (small size 16 like Miss Selfridge) dress out. Need to set a few goals and gett my arse in that gym!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I read your blog I feel like I can't agree more with what you type!! I am sooooo with you on the "Never been good at anything" part until Weight Watchers. I seriously "could not agree more!" You are fantastic girly and I am so happy that you found your niche in life! I love the red dress. Sad to see it go!! I'm sure a littlER red dress will look just as fabulous!!!!

    Keep on shining girlfriend!!

    Krystle
    www.myskinnyjeansdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely loving that red dress!

    Well done you, let us know when you upgrade :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is AMAZING for one week, I'm so jealous! Seriously, well done gorgeous your weight loss is going so well for you and you look fabulous :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!