Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Weigh-In (and cake!!) Wednesday

Hi guys!

Well, I weighed in this morning with a loss of 4lb - goodbye vast majority of my New York weight! I now only have 0.5lb to go until I'm back to my pre-NY weight - easily do-able in a week! I also realised this morning that I now weight 200.5lbs - a 1lb loss will place me in the elusive 'ONEderland'!! Granted, this isn't as big a deal to me as it is to most of my American weight-loss blogger pals, because I normally work in stones as opposed to pounds....but its still exciting! So its 1lb til ONEderland, 3lbs to an 80lb total loss, and 7lbs to a loss of 6st! Lots of mini-goals to achieve...I do love a mini-goal!

I'd love to conclude this post with an exciting update of all the really cool and adventurous things that I've been doing this week, but my life is basically extremely boring so there'll be none of that I'm afraid! I have managed a couple of gym sessions this week, and I have some Spin classes booked with my friend Sophie - I'm hoping that having a gym buddy will keep me more motivated than going it alone. Now that the weather is getting colder its going to take extra motivation to get out of bed and get to the gym - especially as the gym is a 30 minute walk away! I'd like to lose about another stone by Christmas, so I'm going to have to be extra strict with the exercise if I'm going to manage that.

In other news, my housemate Jack just put 35kg (roughly the same as what I've lost since I started Weight Watchers) onto the bar bell that the boys use in the house....its fucking HEAVY. Seriously, I can just about lift it. It baffles me that I was carrying all that extra weight around ON me! He said that once I'm at goal he's going to put the full amount on there, but I'm not sure they have enough weights to do it! Awkward.

One more thing before I love you and leave! I've been promising the boys for weeks that I'd make them a cake, and today I finally made good on my promise!!


Chocolate sponge sandwich topped with chocolate buttercream icing and Cadbury chocolate buttons...its probably the least Weight Watchers friendly thing I've cooked in a year and a half, but I thoroughly enjoyed making it and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy eating a slice later as well! (All pointed, of course!)

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Lauren xxx

3 comments:

  1. The cake looks delish. Congrats on the loss, you rock. Isn't it funny to pick up an object that weighs the same as the amount you lost?! It's wild, hard to imagine carrying that garbage around again! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :)
    Just to let you know i have awarded you a blog award !

    Launa x

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please make again!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!