I know I'm about a million years late to the party, but when I saw my friend Rosie's 23 Before 24 list back in March I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon. (Rosie has since out-done herself with a 101 in 1001 list, which you can check out here.) Unfortunately I was precisely 20 and a half at the time and only giving myself 6 months seemed a little stingy, so I decided to hold fire until my 21st rolled around. Lo and behold, the big day is upon us and my list is here - the 21 things that I would like to accomplish before my 22nd birthday in September 2012. I have actually spent a fair bit of time over the summer preparing this list, because I wanted it to be things that I really wanted to do rather than just choosing things for the sake of it.
As I start to work on things on the list, I will italicize them like this, and when I've completed them I will cross them through like
this. Everyone got it? Good. Then lets begin.
- Get to my goal weight.
- Buy myself an expensive outfit to celebrate reaching my goal weight.
- Get another tattoo to celebrate reaching my goal weight.
- Visit a city in the UK that I've never been to before.
- Visit a city in the EU that I've never been to before.
- Visit a country outside of the EU.
- Complete a 5km fun run - the emphasis being on 'run'!
- Go to an exercise class.
- Pay off my credit card.
- Live vegetarian for a week.
- Graduate from university (preferably with a half-decent degree!)
- Write a letter a month to three friends (and as one of my friends is travelling next year and won't have a permanent address, emails do count!)
- Reach 100 followers on my blog - and have a giveaway when I do.
- Read five more Shakespeare plays.
- Spend a day at a Spa.
- Visit ten pubs/bars/restaurants in Canterbury that I've never been to before.
- Create a scrapbook or photo album of my time at university.
- Make a playlist of 100 favourite songs.
- Send a secret to PostSecret.
- Create a list of 21 must-see films, and watch them all.
- Create a list of 21 must-read books, and read them all.
Let me know what you think, and if any of the items on the list are things that you'd like to accomplish as well!