Saturday, 13 August 2011

These Are My Confessions...(Surely an Usher title is better than a Rebecca Black title!?)

Ok, so the last few days...not great. There. I said it. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Weight Watchers has gone out of the window, because that is certainly not the case. But it hasn't been the be-all and end-all that it usually is either.

I realise that my rant on Wednesday kind of took the place of a weigh-in update, so for those of you that don't follow me on Twitter of have me on Facebook, I lost 2lbs. This brings me to a grand total of 69.5lb, or 4st 13.5lbs if you're on my side of the pond.

I couldn't quite figure out if I was really pleased to have achieved such a good loss, or really irritated that I couldn't have managed another half a pound to get me to an even 5st loss. I mean, really. Its not like half a pound is even a lot! And my stupid body couldn't even shift it for me. It was all very upsetting.

Anyway, I digress. Weighing in on Wednesday morning = eating on Wednesday day time. A lot.

Well, it probably wasn't really a lot as such, but it felt like a lot because it was much more than I would usually have. Does anybody else have this post weigh-in mentality, or is it just me? Its not that I go completely crazy with the cakes, its just that I know I don't have to get weighed for another week, so really what does it matter if I have a packet of crisps for lunch or if I pick at the leftovers after dinner? Its only one day a week that I let loose a little, its not like its every day....

Ok, I'm rationalising. I know, I'm a very bad fat-fighter. Like I was saying, I probably overdid it a little with the treats on Wednesday. My biggest mistake was that I stopped tracking halfway through the day, which is something I would never normally do. It probably means that the masses of food that my brain seems to think that I ate actually wasn't that bad, but I'll never know because like an idiot I didn't bother to write it down. Ah well, we live and learn.

So yeah, Wednesday. Not great. Yesterday was fine though, and I came in two points under my daily allowance AFTER three bacardi and diet cokes at the pub. Pretty good going, I'd say. Thursday I liked, it was a good day.

Today...not so much. Once again, I stopped tracking. I am a fool to myself. But somehow not writing it down was a hell of a lot more appealing than working out the points for the best part of a packet of Percy Pigs. Mum also dished up Chilli Con Carne for dinner, which on its own probably wouldn't have been too bad. It was the cheese, jacket potato, bread and tortilla chips that did the damage. Woopsie.

(I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that while I may have stuffed my face, there is a bottle of my favourite wine in the fridge downstairs with my name on it that I haven't touched, even though its been calling my name since I walked through the door. There were also two large bars of chocolate that I declined to partake in, and some other chocolate type affair was taking place on the coffee table and I ignored those as well. Admittedly it was because I stuffed myself with carbs at dinner and felt sick as a dog afterwards, but time was I would have eaten the dinner, finished off mums leftovers, polished off the entire bottle of wine AND eaten the majority of the chocolate. This, my friends, is progress.)

Yeah, so there you have it. My confessions. If I say ten Hail Mary's and ten Our Father's do you think the Weight Watchers God will forgive me and allow me into the heaven of having lost 5st this week? I am truly sorry and I have repented and am prepared to not eat for the rest of the week to make up for it. Well, not really, but you take my point.

Seriously though - I 'fessed up and now its out in the open and now I have no choice but to nip it in the bud. I'm determined to be a Weight Watchers angel for the rest of the week and I'm fervently hoping that my bad behaviour won't come back to haunt me on the scales on Wednesday! I will of course let you know if it does!

Night everyone! Have a safe and happy weekend!

Love to you all
Lauren xxx

2 comments:

  1. please girl you are doing AMAZING!!!!

    Go take a poop and that pesky .5 lbs will be gone.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great and inspiring too. Hope you visit back c:
    Izzy xo
    www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!