Friday, 1 July 2011

Today I Ate - The Home Edition.

Hey guys

Ok, so I know I've been a bit of a let-down on the blogging front lately - sorry! My only excuse is that I fail at blogging/life!

I said last week that I was going to make 'Today I Ate' a semi-regular feature on the blog, and I'm here to tell you that I won't disappoint!! Last weeks post showed what I chow down on during a typical work day, but today's post is for a day when I'm at home - ie yesterday. I was supposed to post this last night but then I totally forgot, by the time I remembered it was stupid o'clock at night and I was too tired. So technically it's 'yesterday I ate'. You know what I'm getting at though!

(NB When I'm not at work, the whole three-meals-a-day thing kind of goes out the window. I'm a night owl by nature which means that if I don't have a particular reason to get up early then I won't. This especially applies to yesterday as I went out the night before and had one too many mojitos!)

Breakfast/Lunch/Brunch


Grilled bacon sandwich on white bread,
with low fat spread and ketchup (11)
Banana (0)
Tea (0)


Dinner

Stuffed Chicken and Roasted Vegetables (serves 2)

You will need:

2 skinless chicken breasts
4 rashers of bacon, preferably smoked, with the fat trimmed off.
2 teaspoons of classic pesto
2 teaspoons of extra-light philadelphia cream cheese
1 courgette
1 red pepper
1 onion
8 button mushrooms
300g new potatoes
2 teaspoons of Olive oil
Seasoning

Frying pan
Foil
Roasting tray


1) Preheat the oven to gas mark 6. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Butterfly the chicken breasts and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until just white. Remove the chicken from the pan and spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese and 1 teaspoon of pesto over each breast.


Close the chicken breasts and wrap securely in the bacon.


Wrap in the foil and place in the oven for around 40 minutes.

2. While the chicken is in the oven, chop the courgette, pepper, onion and mushrooms and place in the roasting tray. Drizzle over the other teaspoon of olive oil and season well. I always add a splash of balsamic vinegar and some crushed chillies as well.


Roast in the oven alongside the chicken, turning occasionally, for around 30 minutes - or until it looks like this:


3. While the chicken and vegetables are in the oven, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the potatoes. Boil for 10-15 mins until soft.

4. Serve and enjoy!


Stuffed chicken breast (8)
150g potatoes (3)
Veg (0)
175ml Rose wine - not pictured - (4)

Snacks


Cherries (0)
Weight Watcher yogurt (1)


Options Hot Chocolate made with 1/2 mug of semi-skimmed milk (2)
Galaxy Ripple (5)

Total points for the day - 34/37

Exercise - Wii Fit - 3 BP's

If anyone decides to give the recipe a go, let me know how it comes out!

Love to you all!
Photobucket
P.S The lack of weigh-in post this week is due to me not going to my meeting! I had a lovely day out on Wednesday with my wonderful friend Rosie and her little sister, and then met up with some school friends for drinks afterwards. I'll keep you posted on weigh-in next week though!

2 comments:

  1. mmm looks nice. I have turkey rashers in a roll in the morning, super low points. The smokey ones are nice. I'm loving the Weight Watcher sausages at the moment, lots of flavour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really nice! I might give that a go!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!