Monday, 4 July 2011

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Ok, so I mentioned yesterday that I spent the weekend in Liverpool with my family - what I failed to mention was that we had headed up to meet the newest member of our fast-expanding family.


Welcome to the world, Rosie Elizabeth Wren! 

Isn't she the most adorable little baby you've ever seen? She's the first baby of my eldest cousin Jamie and brings our grand total up to thirteen - and thats just the grandchildren! My nan now has eight grandchildren and five great-grandchildren, ranging in age from 33 down to two weeks. 

You can probably tell how thrilled she is!!


Saturday was spent driving up to Liverpool (which is always to be said in a Scouse accent, by the way) and then having lots of cuddles all afternoon with the little one. After that we headed over to our hotel and out for an extremely delicious meal before crashing for the night. Sunday saw more cuddles with baby Rosie before we headed home. It was only a very fleeting visit but it was lovely to see the baby and my cousin - I haven't seen him since he moved up to Liverpool last summer. It was also the first time I'd met his partner and her two kids - from a previous relationship, obviously - and they were lovely. They make such a cute little family!

Here are a few more snaps from our visit :)


 With me and great-auntie Sheryl.


With her second cousin George, trying very hard not to 'break' the baby!


Snoozing on Nanny Joan!


With her big sister Ellie.


With Auntie Sheryl again.


Cuddles with her favourite cousin!!


With Nanny Joan again.


Grumpy face!!


Still snoozing! I don't think I've ever known a baby to sleep so much!!

She's so adorable!! I want one!

6 comments:

  1. honey they are all adorable when they are little.....wait till they grow up....lol

    Don't rush it, it's a lot of work.....trust me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so adorable. and obviously has the best name! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh how gorgeous!
    My daughter is Jenny and since tiny we all have called her Jenny Wren! I just love Rosie Wren as a name. Babies are beautiful, gorgeous, fabulous and they are just as lovely when you have when when you are ready and not tooo soon, just you make a better job of it all, You will love it too when your time comes
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog - I read your post on Where Are My Knees and really liked your blog :) what a cute baby and such a sweet name! I love the name Elizabeth too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so cute and cuddly! I love the "new baby" smell -- not sure how to describe this, except: powder and clean? Would like one myself, ha ha. Of course... not for a while. I still feel like a child sometimes, being all engrossed in Disney movies and dangerously indulging myself with sappy teen fiction.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!