Thursday, 21 July 2011

"Lost are many great commissions by such neglect."

Hello beautiful people!

So it appears I have been somewhat neglectful of my blog of late - I am so sorry. The truth is that I constantly feel so drained that blogging really isn't top of my list of priorities at the moment. I get up for work at 6am and don't get home until 6.30pm - sometimes later - by which time I am absolutely shattered, and want nothing more than to collapse into bed. Don't get me wrong, its not like I have a physically or mentally taxing job, but somehow its so exhausting. Its repetitive and boring and demoralising. I leave work at the end of the day knowing that I've effectively achieved nothing, and that I'll be back to do the same thing the next day. Its not like I'm working on a project and will have something to show at the end of it - its just the day in, day out tedium of robbing the general public and being treated like shit by superiors. I'm not particularly close to anyone I work with - we muddle along fine but I wouldn't call them 'friends' - so its not even like I have that the take my mind off the sheer tedium of the work I'm doing!

Wow, I sound like a right moaner there don't I! I know the vast majority of people out there don't particularly enjoy their jobs, and a lot of people don't even have a job to moan about! For a lot of people work is a means to an end, which is exactly the way I look at this job. It pays my rent over the summer, its convenient and pretty flexible and they offer me hours during pretty much all of the school holidays. I know there's not many places that would do that, so I grit my teeth and put up with it! (And repeatedly tell myself 'one more year, one more year...')

Aaaanyway, now my little whinge is out of the way - the juicy stuff! I lost 1lb at Weight Watchers this week, bringing me to a total loss of 4.5st. FINALLY. When I got on the scales and saw a 1lb loss, I was so pissed off. I was so good last week, tracked religiously and did a ton more exercise than I usually do, and I get a 1lb loss!? What is that about? I'm still fucking seething about the injustice of it all now to be honest. I know that it may partly be due to eating quite a lot on Tuesday (day before weigh-in, what was I thinking!?). I had a sneaky look on my scales earlier in the week and they were showing a 4lb loss, so I know that I was doing well prior to Tuesday's blowout (Pizza Express with my daddy, it was yuuuuuum) and that it may just be 'food weight'. I guess we'll have to wait until next Wednesday to see though!

Also, any other Brits out there getting the 100% arse with this shitty weather!? I think someone missed the memo about it being SUMMER and forgot to turn the sun on! Rain is so tedious. Its got to the point that I've actually given up straightening my hair now, because I know that by the time I get to the station it will look like I've stuck my finger in a plug socket. Its not an attractive look.

Ok, so on reflection this post has pretty much consisted of me whinging about most of the things in my life at the moment!! Maybe I should have continued to neglect the blog - absence is better than misery, surely!? I can only apologise. Just know that I love you all and I've been keeping up with what you've all been up to - even if I can barely keep up with my own goings-on!

Lauren xxx

4 comments:

  1. I know this makes me sound old, but when I was your age I went into a career that just didn't make me happy. I muddled through, most days were OK, some were grim and I just got by assuming I was like the rest of society not really enjoying their job. 15 years of it and I couldn't take another day. I followed the career path I wish I had done when younger and I'm now in my dream job. It took time, training and a drop in salary but I wouldn't give it up for the world. A job is a job and pays the bills and in UK now thats good to keep, but maybe think longer term towards moving to a job you love. Its well worth it. I can honestly say I adore my job and it does make work life so much better
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry - its not a long term job! Its just seasonal work while I'm at university! Thank god!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the weight will come off next week, it usually works like that. I was super good last week, did a stupid amount of exercise and lost 1.5, I've been awful this week and I think I've lost 2! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah just keep at it. Focus on the 4.5st, that's bloody amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!