Wednesday, 15 June 2011

62lbs And Counting...

That's right folks, I've just got back from weigh-in and this week I have lost...

3lb!!

Before I go any further, I have decided to bite the bullet and reveal the numbers on the scales...I figure that all will be revealed in my guest post on Where Are My Knees in a couple of weeks, so I might as well 'fess up on here as well. *deep breath* When I started Weight Watchers on 23rd January 2010, I weighed....19st 11.5lb. There. I said it. This weeks loss brings me to 15st 5.5lb, and a total of 62lb loss altogether - for those of us who reside in the land of bad teeth and drinking tea with your pinky finger sticking out, that works out as 4st 6lb. Needless to say my next mini-goal is a loss of 1lb, which will bring me to a loss of 4.5st. I'm so excited and I'm going to be as good as possible this week because I really really really want to see 15:4.5 on the scales. It would make my week.

I think I'm a little bit in shock to be honest with you all...now that I'm over the halfway mark I'm starting to believe that it can really happen. I think before that I never even let myself visualise getting there because I didn't think I'd be able to do it, and that I'd just be disappointed in myself. Now my goal weight actually seems achievable and within reach! I'm still focusing on each 7lb at a time - after I get to 4.5st next week (which I will, because I'm determined!), my next little goal will be 5st, then 5.5st...and so on, and so forth. I think its just easier that way, and I feel I'm achieving more because its feels like lots of little achievements. If that makes sense!? My final goal, the one I've set on the ticker on the side of my blog, is 11st 11.5lb. The NHS 'healthy weight calculator' seems to think that that is smack-bang in the middle of the healthy BMI range for my height, so thats what I'm aiming for for now. (Its also a loss of exactly 8st - I do like round numbers!!). If I get to 12.5st and my body won't go any further, then I'll stop. If I get to 11:11 and I want to lose more, then I can. We'll just have to see how it goes for now!

This is just a quick weigh-in update for me today folks, hopefully I'll have something more interesting to blog about later in the week! 

Love to you all
Lauren xxx

P.S Thanks for your comments on my last post, its really good to get some other peoples opinions on the matter. Most of you seem to agree with me, although I have had a couple of people with differing opinions to my own. I love reading all your comments, so keep em coming!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! You can totally do 1 lb in a week!
    Being from the US I have no idea what stones are compared to lb but whatever it is your are doing fantastic! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for you! I've also never said exactly how much I weigh or how much I weighed when I started. I only say how many inches and pounds I've lost. I figured when I got to 100 pounds lost I would say where I started.

    Sarah
    notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome weight loss, well done!! Hope this keeps you on track too - I'm sure being over half way will spur you on!!!
    I'm a WW member myself and am making a much harder effort after a month of weekend trips away which DID NOT help my diet, so this is great inspiration :)

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's amazing! It's great to have that sort of motivation and to keep going with it! It's great to sort of keep yourself on track because that's, to me, the hardest part. Losing it is never hard, but finding a way to continue, to kind of push past the "ugh" phases is so hard. But bravo (or rather, brava)! And admitting what your weight is/was is tough. I, myself, can't find a scale, so I can't really say where I am. But congratulations and just keep swimming!

    Cheers,
    Suzette
    (http://versusmonde.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome honey and you can totally do 1 lb in a week...Good luck and keep up the great job.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. bloody amazing lauren! keep it up, you're doing great and yes you WILL get there honey.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!