Thursday, 5 May 2011

Weigh-In, Paint Your Love and Blogger Awards.

Hello lovely readers!!

First of all, an apology - I would normally have posted my weigh-in results and Paint Your Love on a Wednesday...as thats when I get weighed. However yesterday was just one of those days when nothing went to plan. It wasn't necessarily a 'bad' day, but I woke up with such good intentions for the day - weigh-in, trip to the Orange shop, gym, DIY mani-pedi when I got in, blog, revision...in the end I got as far as a trip to the Orange shop and everything else went down the pan. Allow me to explain - the screen on my BlackBerry cracked last week and I went in to see if I could have it sent off for repair. Turns out it would have cost £80 to replace the screen when the phone itself is only worth about £100. No ta! In the end I got bamboozled by all the sales talk and ended up walking out with a brand-new BlackBerry Curve 3G on a contract, to replace the old broken pay-as-you-go BlackBerry. Of course then I had to spend the afternoon setting the bloody thing up with emails and facebook and twitter and lord knows what else. It threw me off somewhat, to say the least!

From this:


 To this:
Pretty!!

Anyway - down to business. I weighed-in yesterday with a loss of 3.5lb, bringing me to a total loss of 3st 11.5lb. Needless to say, I was very pleased with a loss that big, particularly as I only managed to get to the gym once (I am a very lazy fat-bum). I think a lot of it was to do with it being my first week back on track after a couple of weeks off. Whatever it was, I'm happy - and looking forward to going into the next stone bracket next time I get weighed - as I'm dead on now.

After I'd been weighed (and had a traumatic encounter with a phone salesman - I swear they're worse that car salesmen) I came home for some Paint Your Love...uhmm...loving.


Sorry again for the rubbishy pic - my camera sucks. I went for a lovely emerald green this week, in honour of May Day and the beautiful spring we're having. With the exception of today, which was a bit grey and miserable, its been beautiful in Canterbury - lots of blue skies and lovely green everywhere you look. I also have matching toenails as well, after giving myself a DIY pedicure a la Fashion.MakeUp.Lifestyle. Go check it out! (For anyone who's interested, the nail colour is Barry M - of course - 284 Emerald Green, and the cute angel-wing ring is from ASOS)

Incidentally, I loved Moorea's Paint Your Love post this week, about the things that comfort us when we're feeling down and not feeling ourselves. Check it out here - she really is amazing. And I will be following in her footsteps on the subject of comfort in the next couple of weeks.

And now - even more exciting than weigh-in and pretty nails - I have received a Blog Award!


I'm not sure I would count myself or my blog as 'stylish', but I'm honoured all the same! Big thanks and lots of love to Laura at Finding Myself One Pound At A Time - I always love reading her posts, so go over and say hi!

Ok, so I'm supposed to pass it on to 15 blogs that I love, and then tell you all a few random facts about myself. Here they are, in no particular order.

1. My lovely friend Rosie at Welcome To My World
2. My equally wonderful friend Sarah at A Little Less of Sarah
5. Moorea at Moorea-Seal
7. FattyBoobaLatty at Fatty Made A Funny
8. Alexa at Alexa's Weight Loss Journey
9. Jayme and Mendi at Her Late Night Cravings
10. Sadie at What Sadie Did
11. Rachel at Life In Spain
14. Steph at Come Whine With Me
15. Abbey at Along Abbey Road

And now onto the random facts about me...

1. When Harry Met Sally is my all-time favourite chick-flick.
2. I've been known to eat peanut butter straight from the jar with a spoon. Which doesn't sound that bad, until I tell you it was pretty much the entire jar. Woops.

3. I went to a secondary school in Essex for two years, which I hated. From year nine onwards I went to school in Kent, where I met some of the most amazing people ever - I'm even living with two of them next year.

4. I know every word to Don McLeans 'American Pie' - the full eight minute version.

5. The only thing that I'm scared of is spiders. *shudder*


6. I fully believe that I am destined to one day rule the world. Watch this space...

7. If I'm ever feeling down I read Harry Potter. As soon as I start reading it I'm there. I'm actually in Hogwarts.

8. If you buy me a packet of Cadbury chocolate buttons, I will literally love you forever.

9. Bacon sandwich, extra crispy and tea no sugar - the only thing to be done on the morning after the night before.

10. I am a vegans worst nightmare. If it doesn't contain meat, eggs or cheese then I'm not going near it.

So there you have it, just a few random facts about me that you may or may not have already known - and thanks again for the award!

Big love to everyone this evening, and for anyone with weigh-ins coming up best of luck!!!

Loveloveloveee
Lauren xxx

8 comments:

  1. I look forward to the day when random fact #6 comes to fruition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done again on wi...and i loved mooreas post this week too. she is amazing!
    thanks for the award too lovely :-) can i just say i totally agree with number 7. 100%.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. laptop screen replacementMost importantly, we speak your Language - so no matter if you need virus or spyware removalcomputer store in mississauga

      Delete
  3. oh and thanks for the award love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, love your random facts. I must agree, spiders are truly terrifying. Congrats on the loss hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of "Congratulations" on your blog award hun and so love your random facts and yes I hate spiders too...
    As always great post.

    XoXo
    http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your losses! :) You look amazing in your pictures!

    When my laptop screen broke, it was cheaper to buy a newer, better laptop than it was to get the screen replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same Day Onsite Computer Repairs, Repairs on Desktop Computers and Laptop Repairs in Mississauga, Servicing All Makes Models , Same Day Service, Award Winning Customer Service. computer repair in mississauga

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!