Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Bleurgh.

I am SO not happy.

Just got home from weigh-in and I've gained 2.5lb. GAINED. Where is the justice?!

When I got on the scales and saw a gain I was ok...but the more I think about it the more annoyed I'm getting. I've been within my points all week, and have been doing a lot of walking to, from and around work. Its not like I've been sat on my arse eating chocolate - although I wish I had. At least then it would have been worth the gain!

I'm putting it down to a number of things - firstly, I normally weigh in the mornings. Believe it or not, this makes all the difference, especially as I had quite a heavy lunch today and drank a lot of water. Secondly, I'm due on, which makes me bloated and disgusting and certainly doesn't like the scales. And thirdly, I'm weighing on different scales from my usual ones so there may be a discrepancy there - especially since my scales say I'm 3lb lighter than the ones at the meeting! Like I've said before, my scales are normally accurate to within 1lb of the scales at my meeting at Canterbury, so I can't see how they'd be so drastically wrong today. Urgh who knows! Like I said, the more I think about it the more annoyed I'm getting! So from now on its behind me, its done, moving on and hopefully the scales will be kinder next week!

In another Weight Watchers-related point, I've decided to set some goals for myself every week, in the hope that I can make sure this summer isn't a total waste of time. So this week, my goal is....

  • More exercise! I'm going shopping with mum tomorrow and I'm going to invest in some proper running trainers and some new gym stuff. I'm thinking that I'm going to start running after work in the park opposite the train station, on the condition I can sort out some wee technicalities such as getting changed and storing my bags! I'm also going to crack out my 30 Day Shred DVD and start going on the Wii Fit every day as well - when my stepdad finally brings it over that is! Hopefully if I can get some form of exercise in every day I'll reap the benefits when I get weighed this time next week!

As well as weigh-in news, I also wanted to show off some of my newest purchases. I got a bit trigger happy with the debit card in New Look on Monday, although after getting the stuff home and trying it on I've decided that most of it is going back. What I am keeping though, are these two tops:



These photos aren't great as I'm too lazy to search for my camera so I had to take them on my phone. They're particularly rubbish at showing the colour of the tops - the first one is a really bright hot pink and the second is kind of an orangey-coral type colour. I love the first one, but I'm still not 100% decided on the second - what do we think??

Gotta run now my loves, I'm off to watch Insidious with mum and the baby bro!

Love to you all
Lauren xxx

5 comments:

  1. I am usually 2lbs more in the evening (after tea) than I am in the morning so yes a lot of it will be that. Either weigh again in the morning at the normal time or forget it and wait for the next WW weigh in. Before you start 30DS measure. I couldn't believe how much difference it made to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so annoying when you've put the work in and you get a (metaphorical) slap in the face from the scales.

    However, I totally agree with Michelle - I always weigh at least 2lbs heavier later in the day, once I've drunk and eaten.

    Loving the 'tude though. Here's to a brilliant week! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually prefer the second top love - definitely keep that one.

    as to wi - the girls are right, the evening as opposed to the morning makes such a difference. sending big hugs and remember you can't change it now so onwards and upwards.

    sounds like you are going to be an exercise machine this week too which will definitely help!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog, you are an inspiration! seeing you go through the ups and downs makes me feel more normal knowing I'm not the only one! I really enjoy WW and was following the plan successfully last year but unfortunately had a really nasty car accident and was quite badly injured. I am now on the mend and after reading your blog I am really looking forward to going back to ww! well done lovely!
    Grace x x
    http://www.ooooohpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sweat!! All the reasons you gave are exactly on point! I hate switching scales .. I feel your pain. You look WONDERFUL!!! Don't stress. You will be back on the decline next week for sure!! Keep it up honey! <3

    -Krystle

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!