Sunday, 15 May 2011

ABC's

Ok firstly, I'm here to declare my intent. I'm back to eating proper meals and tracking as of NOW. I got told off this weekend for 'eating Chinese and drinking a bottle of wine', and my justification was 'it's ok because it's the first thing I've eaten all day.' Thats not normal! I've been so wrapped up in the stress of revision and everything else going on that I've slipped back into the bad habits I used to have - no breakfast or lunch and then calorie overload in the evening. Coupled with the fact that I've not been exercising anywhere near as much as I should...you can figure it out. It won't take long for the weight to come back on.

I have five days until exams are over, and eight days until I go back to work in London for three and a half months. Its always so much harder at work because not only am I surrounded by temptation all day (the staffroom is in spitting distance of Eat., Subway and KFC, as well as masses of other restaurants and cafes and ice cream stands) but also because the days are so much longer when I'm there. I'm up at 6am and don't get home in the evenings until almost 7pm - for those of you who aren't so hot on the maths, thats a 13 hour day. Normally when I'm at uni I get up around 9 or 10am. When I'm up at 6am thats an extra four hours eating time that I have to fill without using my entire days points. I'm hoping that weighing in regularly over the summer will motivate me to a certain extent to stay away from the fast food, but the rest is down to me. Thats normally where the problem lies.

So, a few motivators to keep me away from the biscuit tin over the coming months...

1. My Birthday!!!! I'm going to be 21 four months from today - 15th September 2011. Or doomsday, as I like to call it - 21 just seems so grown-up, and honestly I'm not entirely sure how it happened. It was my 16th birthday yesterday...wasn't it??? So why will this motivate me? Well I've been fat on every single birthday I can remember - especially my 19th and 20th. And I know that there's no way I'm going to be at my goal weight by then, but I'd like to be at least 21lbs lighter than I am now, which I don't think is unreasonable.

2. New Housies. Yeah alright, so this one is sheer pettiness, but I'm living with four guys next year and I'd like to weigh less than at least one of them!! Also, they don't think I can do it, so naturally the stubborn brat in me is ready to live on 400 calories a day purely for the sake of proving them wrong! Nothing tastes as good as being thin right feels!

3. New York. For my 21st and Mummy Jones's 40th - I'm so excited! And I do not want fat holiday photos. I refuse.

4. Graduation. I'm thinking well in advance here - like June 2012. But I need to be at my goal weight by then, not just because I want a graduation picture I can be proud of, but because I will be starting the hunt for a proper grown-up job and I don't want to be walking into interviews feeling like a beached whale!!

Someone found one of my holiday snaps! ;)

So those are my motivating factors, some of the many things I will keep in mind over the summer when I'm struggling. And as I always try to 'fess up when I've stuffed my face, please feel free to point me in the direction of this post if I come on here and tell you that I've eaten my body weight in Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!!

Now, onto other business....

I saw this on my friend Rosie's blog (I'm an out-and-out blog stalker, what can I say?) and I thought it would be fun to do! So here goes!

A. Age: 20
B. Bed size: Double.
C. Chore that you hate: emptying the dishwasher.
D. Dogs: Love them...my dog Nancy is my baby!
E. Essential start to your day: snoozing the alarm six times.
F. Favorite color: Purple.
G. Gold or Silver: That would depend on the outfit!
H. Height: 5'11
I. Instruments you play: I can play the Eastenders theme tune on the keyboard, but thats about it!
J. Job title: Student.
K. Kids: none yet - but I want lots!
L. Live: Canterbury, UK.
M. Mother's name: Sheryl Dawn Jones.
N. Nicknames: Jonesy, Lolly, Lopsy, LoJo, Joneslarrr, Loppy...plus many many more.
O. Overnight hospital stays: none!
P. Pet peeve: people writing "your" instead of "you're", people who don't like animals...although thats less of a pet peeve and more of a general disdain.
Q. Quote from a movie:  'I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.' Harry Burns - When Harry Met Sally.


R. Right or left handed: Right.
S. Siblings: A fifteen year old brother.
T. Time you wake up: normally before 10am.
U. Underwear: frenchies all the way!
V. Vegetable you hate: None...I love all veggies.
W. What makes you run late: my inability to wake up in the morning!
X. X-Rays you've had: ankle, foot, shoulder.
Y. Yummy food that you make: curry, chilli con carne, roast dinners, muffins, cakes...nomnomnom.
Z. Zoo animal: Lions and Tigers!!! Rawwwrrrrrr.

Wow, that took longer than I thought it would!! Must...go...revise...urgh. 

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!!


I won't be fat for much longer...

Love
Lauren xxx

3 comments:

  1. It's great that you have set lots of smaller goals to get to the big final one. I do this too, I think my main goal is to double my wieght loss by September but I have a birthday, hen night and a wedding before that time and I'm setting small goals for each of those. I went a bit mad on eurovision themed snacks last night so I'm starting the 30 day shred today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooo I'm also going to NY for my 21 st :))) x

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!