Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Weighing-In And Paint Your Love.

Hi guys!

Well, its Wednesday, and as promised I went back to Weight Watchers this morning after almost two weeks of not tracking or pointing, and pretty much eating whatever I wanted. I said a couple of posts ago that I was fully expecting to gain anywhere between 4lbs and 6lbs, and that I would be ok with that because I really really really haven't been good food or exercise wise at all. So when I stepped on the scales this morning and heard the words 'you've lost 1lb', I almost had a pink fit. I've lost a pound? Lost? Are you sure? How in the hell does that work then?? I was tempted to ask her to weigh me again, but then I realised how annoyed I'd be if I got on the scales again and they showed something different to the first time, so I left it at that.

The best part about having a loss, even a really small loss, when you're expecting a gain, is that it feels like a huge achievement. I was expecting to put on 4lb, and mentally I was already working from that assumption and thinking in terms of how much I would have to lose to get back to where I was before Easter. Now I'm below where I was before Easter and even if it is by just 1lb really, it feels like so much more!!

So without further ado, onto the second part of this weeks post...Paint Your Love.

After I got home from weigh-in, I took my allotted time to stop and relax while painting my nails. After my good result at weigh-in I was feeling very positive and motivated, even more so by the fact that I am now just 3.6lbs away from moving down into the next stone bracket, which is something I'd definitely like to do before the end of my academic year, if not before. I'd like to see a good loss next week in particular, as its my last weigh-in at my current meeting before I go back home and back to work for the summer. I think its important to leave on a high note! So I spent my Paint Your Love this afternoon pencilling some gym sessions into my revision timetable and mentally planning my meals for the week, whilst simultaneously experimenting with some of my purchases from yesterday...


Yes yes yes, I know I'm about a million years late to the party, but I finally got some Barry M Instant Nail Effect Nail Paint. I will admit to having a bit of a mare when it came to deciding between the pink, blue, white or black one, but in the end I went for the black (with the full intention of buying the other three when my loan comes in...like I said, its 3 for 2, and to be quite frank I feel it would be rude not to!). The blue polish underneath the Effects is Barry M as well (294 Cyan Blue) and I used Barry M's Basecoat and Topcoat as well. I am a Barry M fiend!! It took me ages to decide what colour to have this week, partly because I have so many that choosing one has now become a genuine dilemma. I finally settled on the blue because it reminds me of summery blue skies :)

Thats your lot for today you beautiful readers, I'm off to spend the evening with Moby Dick!!

Love
Lauren xxx

P.S For your listening pleasure...



It reminds me of Summer '07, spent cruising round in my friends pimped out Gold 306. It had dragons painted on the sides...
I shit you not.

4 comments:

  1. I'm wearing that blue barry m right now :) very summery.
    Well done on the Easter loss, I'm on WW too and I didn't track over Easter weekend and had 3 nights out but now I'm on WW I make much better choices so I didn't lose much but it was still a loss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the surprise weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe even tho you "went off the wagon" you still unconsciously made better decisions because you knew what was high/low in pts and portions and all that? Just think how awesome you're going to do now that you're back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there. Wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. Congrats on the weigh in surprise! Those are awesome =)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!