Tuesday, 26 April 2011

The Only Way Is Kent University.

Its my first full day back in Canterbury today, and its been a fairly productive one. I had a lovely wander down into town to post some ebay stuff and take some 'fat-girl' clothes to the charity shop. Then I swung by Tescos because my cupboards were literally empty. Oh and also Boots, where I accidentally bought three new nail varnishes, because it was 3 for 2 and I thought hell, why not? I am actually becoming a Barry M vail polish fiend, its beginning to be a bit of an issue if I'm honest. They're just so pretty!!

Anyway, back to my point...on my way into town this morning I was struck, once again, by how pretty Canterbury is. There are so many cute little cottages with lovely front gardens, and the bottom end of the High Street is just so quaint and oldy-worldy. I just love it. I've always been fascinated by old houses and towns and castles, which is probably something that stems from a school trip to Colchester Castle when I was in primary school. I remember being absolutely thrilled a year later when I found out my dad was moving to Colchester and would be living just ten minutes from the castle - I swear I used to drag him and my little brother there every time we stayed. This fascination has only increased over the years, firstly with my auntie working at the Tower of London and then with me getting a job there myself. I've been there almost two years and I still get a thrill out of it! And its the same in Canterbury. I get excited every time I walk under the Westgate arch-way or past the Cathedral. I think part of the fascination is just how long its all been there - its impossible to wrap your head around that many years of history! Plus its all so much prettier when there are beautiful clear skies as far as the eye can see! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me in town, but I made a mental note to take it with me up to campus this afternoon and thought I'd share a few of the pictures with you all :) once again, please excuse my atrocious photography skills!

This is the view of Canterbury town centre from our campus. When term starts again in a couple of weeks this field will be literally covered with people studying and relaxing in the sunshine - one of the reasons I love Canterbury in the summertime!




My halls! I lived in this building in Freshers - in fact you can actually see my window! Its the fourth window from the ground on the right hand side of the white pillar. My window faced onto the fields and trees that are all around the campus, with the result that my room was always full of lady-birds! They used to drive me crazy!

I almost had a heart-attack when I got back yesterday evening to a front garden full of Bluebells - I love Bluebells! They remind me of spring walks in the woods near my mums house.

So there you have it - just a few snaps of some of the things I see day-to-day in my little world here in Canterbury. And I promise to remember my camera next time I go into town as well!

Love to you all, I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring day!
Lauren xxx

1 comment:

  1. definitely visiting you next year when i have monies! and i love bluebells too - did you know it's illegal to pick them cos theyre endangered?
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!