Monday, 11 April 2011

Eight for Eight.

Ok, so I'm back at home in Essex and back at work at La Torre de Londres (I learn different languages from the guidebook covers...) for the next two weeks. This has resulted in my pathological need to stuff my face while at my mothers house rearing its ugly head once more. I haven't even got the excuse of 'no control over meals', as mum is away on holiday and I'm in charge of my own lunches and dinners, and yet I can't stop picking. I think its something about this house - everyone who lives here ends up overweight. Even the dog is a chubster.

However, I have a new incentive to keep my fingers out of the biscuit tin. Or my spoon out of the peanut butter jar, as it were. Yesterday at work, I had the supreme fortune of being put outside on the group entrance to the Tower....basically this means that I spent the day sat in the sunshine, overlooking the river, listening to capital radio and occasionally (and I do mean occasionally) tearing some tickets. While I was out there I got chatting to one of the security guards, who also happens to be a qualified skydiver. We got chatting about what he does and he printed some information off for me about skydiving courses and various other things. It got me very excited, because skydiving is something I've wanted to do forever. I looked into it a couple of years ago but there is a maximum weight limit which, needless to say, I far exceeded...in fact I'm pretty sure I still do but I'm not too worried about that for the moment. All the skydiving talk got me thinking about things that I'd like to do once I've got to goal, things that I've always wanted to do but haven't been able to because I've been restricted by my size or not had the confidence to just go for it. So here's my list of eight incentives - one for each stone that I will have lost by the time I get to goal.

1. Skydiving

Like I said, I've always wanted to do it. I've already recruited my friend and future housemate Jack to come with me when I get to goal. He did a bungee jump a couple of years ago and I figured he's the only one of my friends brave/crazy enough to do it!

2. Change my hair

I'm thinking of going blonde or red...proper red. But it depends on how brave I'm feeling at the time!

3. Get another tattoo


I've wanted a tattoo on my thigh for as long as I can remember, although I think it first started when I went through my pre-teen Pink obsession. I don't want one exactly like hers, I'm thinking more like trailing flowers from the bottom of my bum cheek around to the front of my leg, or something like that anyway!

4. Professional photos
Whenever a camera comes out, I normally dive for cover. Once I'm at goal I'd like to get some nice photos of  myself taken by a professional and with the help of a hair and make-up artist. A small part of me (and yes, I know that right now there is no small part of me) wants to do a naked photoshoot, a la Gok Wan and How To Look Good Naked, but I don't think I'll ever be that brave!

5. Wear a red dress
This one sounds really simple, but at the moment black is the basis of my wardrobe (much to the disgust of my friends). I'm looking forward to wearing colour and not feeling like the whole world is laughing at me for it!

6. Post my 'before' pictures
I mentioned this in a post a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to be able to show people how far I've come, particularly those who thought I'd never get there, or who treat all this as a source of entertainment. So even though they're horrifying, I'd still like to do it.

7. Go on holiday with friends
There is no way that I'd be able to go on holiday with my friends until I was at goal. I mean, come on, they're all size 10s! How would I look lying next to them on the beach!

8. Suggestions?
One last thing...something brave/crazy/stupid....what should it be!? Suggestions welcome.

Lauren xxx

3 comments:

  1. i love these lauren! going to do a list myself...maybe we can even do some of them together?!! will get thinking on the 8th one for you.
    xxx
    ps where and what is your current tattoo??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got two, one of a heart and a star on my ankle and 'live in hope' on my back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a little more about tea would be nice

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!