Monday, 21 March 2011

Mumma Jones Comes To Canterbury

Happy Monday!!

I realise that 'happy' is not normally a word that most people associate with 'Monday', however I always tend to be in a good mood on Mondays, especially if I've had a good weekend. Which I have. It wasn't filled with massive amounts of alcohol and drugs and wild parties, as most people seem to think student weekends are - which is extremely good as my exams start in less than two months and the last thing I need at the moment is a hangover.

On Friday, Canterbury played host to a very special guest - my mummy!! She came down for the night and we had a lovely night out in town - first at the very yummy Ancient Raj restaurant (their prawn jalfrezi is actually superb) and then at a couple of pubs for a few glasses of wine for her, and some vodka and diet cokes for me. I will admit to having half a bottle of wine at dinner, but sometimes you've just got to. And anyway, I pointed EVERYTHING once we'd got in and even with the alcohol it only used up 32 of my 49 weekly points - good times! I was also fully intending to get some pictures of us but I forgot my camera - woops.

I was fully intending to get some work done on Saturday after mum had gone home, but it was too nice a day so I wandered into town instead. After taking back some (too big!!) purchases to New Look I found a dress in Dorothy Perkins that I quite like - light, summery, perfect day dress for the weather we're having at the moment. I got it, but I'm not too sure....


Thoughts?? I feel like it could be a bit 'mumsy' - although I have a feeling it would be fab with a bit of fake tan and some nice sandals!

After my little shopping spree I headed home for yummy home-made chicken kebabs, and then over to the boys for the last in the series of Take Me Out.


Paddy McGuinness has definitely grown on me!!! And I literally have no idea what I'm going to do on Saturday nights now the series has finished....hopefully it'll be back in a 'nicky nacky noo'!!!

Another gym sesh on Sunday morning and an afternoon spent in the library reading The Winter's Tale and Invisible Man, followed by sausage and mash and Waking the Dead last night and an amazing nights sleep brings us up to now!

The moral of this somewhat rambling story - weekends are possible on ProPoints! And I will leave you with that thought as I go make myself some porridge and tea and prepare for another afternoon in the library before my 3-6 lecture and seminar....the book for which I haven't so much as opened....oh dear!

Love to all! Have a good week!
Lauren xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!