Monday, 14 February 2011

Progress

Hi all

So after a weekend spent at home in Essex I'm feeling far more like a human being than I was last week. We didn't do anything thrilling but it was lovely to be at home and to relax and not have to worry about uni (despite the fact that I should have been working while I was there) and I've come back feeling refreshed and a lot calmer.

Unfortunately the chilled weekend at home also entailed a ridiculous amount of naughty food (including two take-aways, chocolate and a full roast and dessert) so I'm not feeling optimistic about weighing-in on Wednesday morning. I've been good all day today and have whipped up another batch of 0pp soup so I'm set for lunches for the rest of the week. I will also be hitting the gym and pool tomorrow in an attempt to limit the damage come Wednesday morning.

There are a few other things that have fallen into place since I last posted. I now know that I will be living at my dads next year and commuting to university, subject to further negotiation with him and stepmummy in regards to rent and sleeping arrangements, but from what my dad has said its all go so far. Its a massive weight off my mind to know that that's where I'll be, and means its one less thing I have to worry myself about. It also means I'll be saving a substantial amount of money next year as I'm be paying in the region of £130 a month including food, as opposed to the £400+ I pay now. Of course I will have to pay for travel costs out of that, but even so it will work out in my favour financially.

My dad has also told me that his company's newest client happens to be a fairly well-known publishing company which offer internships to students and graduates. Like I said before, I'm not sure that that's what I want to do with my life, but spending some time in that sort of environment should help me find out if its the right career path for me.

I'm off now to make dinner, watch Eastenders and choose my essay titles. They're due in a fortnight and I'm hoping to have made a decent start on planning them before my friends come down for the weekend. Then I have the week after to write the buggers.

Love to you all xxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got things sorted
    good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!