Thursday, 18 November 2010

Pub Golf





How much do I wish there was a Weight Watchers cat behind the bar last night??? It was a wicked night but I drank insane amounts - a pint of lager, a pint of ale, vodka and diet coke, corona, wine, pint of cider, snakebite, alcopop, tequila, plus more drinks once we got to the pub. I have an idea that it came to about 45 points (EEEEEEK) but I haven't tracked it all properly. Definitely drawing a line under it now and I've been good today so hopefully it won't derail me too much.

Anyway, pub golf. I had an absolutely immense time, it was so much fun. It ended up just being me and the guys for most of the night and although I was dubious at first they were actually hilarious (usual snide remarks and insults but most of them were joking, most of the time. I hope. And the one who wasn't is an idiot.) Pretty poor effort on the golf-attire front, excluding the birthday boys and myself of course! I didn't get any pictures of myself, but even  if I had they wouldn't match these bad boys:




That, my friends, is dedication.


Other than a slight mishap at the end of the night I had a really good time and will definitely be giving pub golf another go (I was actually quite good at it, even though I don't know what 'par' means.) I'm also quite impressed with myself today after aforementioned 'mishap' (I won't go into too many details, suffice it to say I had not counted on a certain person being present) as normally I would have been hungover and in an absolutely rancid mood, which would have invariably resulted in me stuffing my face with shit food for a week and gaining 5lbs. But instead its made me more determined and I've been super good all day! Other than a can of coke. But honestly, I needed the sugar SO much, and it was only 4 points. Better than the 20-odd in a Maccy Ds at least!

There is very little else to report right now, mainly because all I want to do is hide in my room and lick my wounds and try to repair my dented self-respect!

Lauren xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!