Wednesday, 13 October 2010

I'm Baaackkk

Ok, ok, I know I've said that a billion gazillion times over the last couple of months, but this time I really really really mean it! The last couple of weeks have demonstrated to me, again, the shallowness of university life and although I'm loving this term, I'm pretty sure I'd love it more if I was a size 12!

So, anyway, as of last Thursday I have been back to tracking religiously. And from what I can tell from my sneaky peeks on the scales its definitely working. Friday morning is still weigh-in day so I will post my official loss for the week then, but I'm confident that it will be a good loss :) YAY!

I'm actually very impressed with myself this week because I've managed to stay on track AND enjoy going out. Magners Light is now my official favourite thing ever, its only 1pt per bottle and you wouldn't even know its not proper Magners! I've been drinking those whenever there are pre-drinks anywhere and sticking to vodka/bacardi and diet coke when I go out (not many places sell Magners Light) I've also been to Nando's, McDonalds, and ordered take-out this week, all within points (I admittedly did cash some of my BPs, but thats what they're there for!) I think as my points go down it will get harder again, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

While I'm posting, there is something else I should mention. A friend of mine recently shut down her blog because someone had left an unpleasant comment on one of her posts. I'm fortunate enough to have not had that happen to me as of yet, although I'm sure I will suffer the misfortune at some point in the future. When my friend told me what had happened, I was firstly annoyed at the pathetic person who felt the need to belittle someone else over the internet because to me that screams 'unhappy!'. Then I was angry at my friend for letting it get to her. She's so amazing, kind, strong, funny, intelligent and a thousand other things that I can't even begin to list, and there is no reason for her to have taken any notice of what that other person says. I know that its easier to listen to the bad things than listen to the good, and I'm pretty sure everyone else on the planet knows that as well, so it amazes me that someone would go onto someones blog and write something nasty.

I kind of feel like I'm rambling now, and not making any sense, but I suppose my point is that you have to do things for yourself, because thats the only way they'll ever get done. My mum nagged me for years to lose weight, but it never happened until I made the decision for me. It was, without a doubt, the best decision I ever made. It saved my life.
There are always going to be people out there who make you feel like crap, but you have to ask yourself 'why'? What are they getting out of it? If someone doesn't like the way you live your life, or doesn't accept your flaws as well as your strengths, then are they really worth it? I don't think so. Don't let someone else ruin something that you enjoy.

And don't be the person that ruins it for someone else.

'Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.' - Baz Luhrmann
Says it all really, doesn't it?

Lauren xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!