Thursday, 26 August 2010

Weight Watchers Online

I've decided to give the online plan a go for a few reasons really, all stemming from the fact my old Saturday morning meeting has been shut down due to falling numbers. The meeting was very local to me, and convenient time-wise, plus I got on well with everyone there and helped at the meetings, so it was free which on a student budget is always good. The leader of the meeting, Angela, also does a meeting on a Sunday evening but I've decided this isn't for me for several reasons. Firstly, the meeting is a twenty minute walk and a train ride away, which is fine ordinarily but I don't like the idea of doing it alone in the winter when it will be dark. Secondly, I don't like getting weighed in the evening, and I especially don't like the thought of getting weighed at the end of the weekend, as all I'll be thinking about beforehand is WI and I'll be miserable. Thirdly, weighing in at home gives me much more flexibility, meaning I don't have to fret if I'm going home for the weekend or if I have something else that needs to be done. So yeah. Weight Watchers Online it is then!

I think the thing I really need to master if I'm going to make Weight Watchers Online work is self-discipline, which is what I've been struggling with for the past month or so. This tends to be the pattern - few weeks on track, then a few weeks off. I don't tend to gain any weight but I don't lose any either, which is definitely not the point! I'm working hard to get the discipline back but yesterday is a prime example of how hard I find it. I stuffed my face at work and then went out for an all-you-can-eat curry with my family which is always a recipe for disaster. Afterwards me and mum went to the cinema and had some of those Cadbury Cluster things, which are yummy but a wee bit naughty! Still, I've drawn a line under it and am determined to be good for the rest of the week. All it will take is a few good days on track and then I'll be fine.

Blog Challenge Day 3 and 4

Ok, so I didn't get a chance to post yesterday so I'm posting yesterday and todays challenge in one hit :)

Day 3:

I couldn't decide which photo to post so I thought I'd be cheeky and post two :)


The first photo is of me and the girls at V Festival on Saturday morning, the second was taken in May 2009 at my year 13 prom. I really miss the old school lot but I'm still in touch with most of them, and I have some fantastic memories of all the things we got up to in Sixth Form.

Day 4:

A habit I wish I didn't have. There are so many! I think my worst habit is torturing myself over things I have no control over, for instance the V Festival shenanigans. I also have the terrible habit of putting things off to the last minute, especially essays and other things work-related. I also wish I didn't chew my nails off before they even grow.

Lauren xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lauren i am exactly the same - a few good weeks, so i think i 'deserve' to slack off a bit...only i seem to gain on my weeks off...and then get back to a few good weeks...always the same pattern. I worked out its 16 weeks from now until the end of uni term (the week before christmas) - can we stay on track for all 16 of those weeks? we can make it a little challenge for ourselves!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!