Monday, 12 July 2010

SP's, NSV's and other WW madness.

Ok, first of all I am very pleased to report that I managed to behave myself at the Harvester!! 8oz rump steak, 5 king prawns (I do love surf 'n' turf) and lots of salad cart. I pointed everything and even had enough for a Malibu and soda and lime at the restaurant and a sliver of chocolate birthday cake when we got home, and I still came in 3pts under for the day....WOOP!

Secondly, I thought I'd take the time to detail and few NSVs. First of all, LOTS of compliments on Saturday from friends about my weight loss which = BIG smiles :) I also felt fabulous because I was wearing a size 14 dress....ok, ok, so it was a maxi dress so its hardly form-fitting, and ok so it was from Evans and they're sizes are always generous anyway, and OK so it had a stretchy bit at the back...it still counts, ok!? I felt a bit self conscious about my arms and shoulders in it, but that was nothing a few Malibu and diet cokes didn't solve....

Anyway, next NSV. I bought a pair of size 18 shorts from Dorothy Perkins and few months ago. Not short shorts, you understand, they come to about 2in above my knee - but thats short for me! When I got them they were still too tight, very muffin top and camel toe - not a good look. But yesterday I chucked them on and they fit! YAAAY!!! When I took my brother home my mum couldn't get over it and kept saying how good I look and how its really obvious how much weight I've lost now, and she said when I get to goal I should become a plus-size model (as 'plus-size' is size 12-14 and thats the size I'd like to be...personally I still think its kinda sick that a size 12 is 'plus-size') but I don't think thats going to happen somehow!!!

OH, and my other news, that I somehow managed to neglect to mention over the weekend, is that I got a 2:1 for my first year at uni, so I will most definitely be heading back in September for year numero dos! It was a bit sketchy at one point, as I was feeling very down and struggling to sleep/concentrate/get out of bed in the mornings and I thought my grades were going to really suffer as a result...how I managed a 2:1 I'll never know, but I'm not complaining!

This is turning into another mammoth rambling post. I am SO sorry to whoever (if anyone!) is reading this, but I'm just kind of thinking out-loud, or on the keyboard, or whatever. Final piece of good news... I SP'd this morning and was pleasantly greeted by a reading of 17st 0.5lb - meaning that another 1lb will put me into the 16s!! Granted, it was first thing in the morning which is kind of a cheat, but I was still pleased! As I'm at dads for the week I was planning to weigh-in at the nearest meeting on Thursday, but I can't seem to find my card. Its probably at home. If I can't find it I will miss WI this week and just WI next week when I'm back at mums...could mean I see an even better loss, which would be nice!

Ok, I think thats everything...for now at least. I've just eaten a yummy seafood salad for my tea, courtesy of the step-mummy. Prawns, crayfish, smoked salmon, crabsticks, rollmop...you get the idea. That has put me on about 23pts for the day, which leaves 4pts for some wiggle room. I'm now about to go rummage through the garage to see if I can salvage any of the old bikes that have been gathering dust in there for years, so I can put one of them to use. I must get cycling more in preparation for my Lands End to John O'Groats cycle marathon with my gorgeous friend Rosie next year....

Much love to everyone on this fine evening :)
Lauren xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!