Thursday, 1 July 2010

Six Months and Five Days

This is my first ever blog, so I apologise in advance if its intolerably boring!

I'm Lauren, a normal 19-year-old girl who does normal things and has a normal life. I've just finished my first year at Kent University studying English Literature. I have a mum, a dad, a brother, a cat, and a dog. See, totally normal right? I also have a step-mum, a step-dad, a step-brother and a step-sister (and a step-rabbit) but in this day and age, its still pretty normal.

I guess one of the more abnormal things about me is I'm currently in the process of losing about 40% of my original body weight. I started Weight Watchers in January 2010, six months and five days ago. Since then I've lost 2st 9lb, but I still have a colossal 5st 9.5lb left to shed. When I'm talking about losing weight I try not to lapse into the typical cliches, but so far losing this weight has taught me a lot about myself and in the process of getting slimmer and healthier I have had to re-evaluate my entire relationship with food and exercise. Good news is that despite several slip-ups (a one week holiday that resulted in a 6.5lb gain and a week-long uni-style binge that wasn't much better) I haven't given up. I'm determined that by this time next year I will be at my goal weight and will be off for my year in America as a fabulous rather than fat! The main reason that I haven't thrown in the towel yet is due to the incredible support of my family and friends, both at home and at uni, as well some amazing people that I have had the supreme pleasure of getting to know through the Weight Watchers message boards. They have become my inspiration, my encouragement and my reward all rolled into one. I couldn't have done it without them!

I'm hoping this blog will be a source of inspiration and encouragement to me, as well as something I can look back on once I get to goal and use to remember how far I've come. So hopefully you'll like what you read and pop back for regular updates on how little old me is gradually getting littler!

Catch you soon!

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!