Wednesday, 28 July 2010

I Survived Alton Towers!!

Thats right folks, I am back from an adrenaline-filled two days at Alton Towers Resort. We all had an absolutely ace time and the best part is - I stayed on track!

Despite eating out three times in two days, I still managed to keep within my points. Plus I definitely earned myself a few BPs with all the walking, so all is well! For anyone who is planning a trip to a theme park and needs to stick to 26 points, here's how its done :)

Monday
Small skinny latte (Costa) 0.5
Wine gums 2
Salt and vinegar walkers 2.5
Homemade rolls (3) 7
Ham, Egg and Chips (Wetherspoons) 11.5
Malibu and Diet Coke 0.5
POINTS: 24/26

Tuesday
Bacon roll with Heinz Ketchup (McDonalds) 5.5
Tropicana 1.5
Piri Piri Chicken Sandwich (Burger King) 4.5
Medium fries (Burger King) 5.5
Lasagne 7
2 slices bread 2
POINTS: 26/26

It just goes to show that you can still enjoy meals out and stick within points, something I will be vehemently reminding myself of next time I even think about going over on a night out. Not that I'm recommending a Maccy D's and a BK on the same day, but you see my point.

Anywaaay, in other news - its WI tomorrow! A cheeky SP this morning showed me at 16st 10lb so I'm hoping to see a loss of at least 1lb this week so I can get my 3rd little blue stone (its about time!!!) I am aware that Monday and Tuesday may catch me up as although I was in points, I still ate a lot of junk. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Its also the Tower of London staff 'happy hour' BBQ on Friday evening, which I am very much looking forward to. Most of the people from my department are going, plus my auntie who works in another department (also means I have a lift home, yay!) so it should be a good laugh. I'm planning to wear my black maxi dress and sandals, but we'll have to see on the day. I won't wear it if I'm having a fat day.

So, all in all I'm in a mighty fine mood. The only fly in the ointment is a slight cock-up with my wages this month. Basically I haven't been paid for the overtime I did at the beginning of the month, which is going to cause serious problems when it comes to insignificant (NOT) things like rent and train fares. I'm going to speak to payroll about it tomorrow but in the meantime lets all keep our fingers crossed that my tax rebate from last summer will show up soon!!!

I'm off to get showered and ready for bed now, I think I'm still carrying a sleep deficit from Alton Towers (worst hotel I've ever stayed in, bar none!) but I will update on all things WI tomorrow.

Much love!!!
Lauren xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, so please let me know what you think!