Thursday, 29 July 2010
Wednesday, 28 July 2010
Saturday, 24 July 2010
Thursday, 22 July 2010
Wednesday, 21 July 2010
Tuesday, 20 July 2010
Sunday, 18 July 2010
Ok, first of all I'm going to start this blog by saying I am extremely irate. Here I thought it was supposed to be the teenage daughter who drove her parents mad (and to be fair, I did do plenty of that when I was 15) but now its the other way round!!! I suppose I should thank them really, because in a perverse way they're doing me a favour. Every time I think I might actually like to be in a relationship with someone - a functional, grown-up, mutually respectful relationship - I can look at my mummy and my daddy and it will remind me that no such thing exists!! They were miserable when they were together and they're miserable with their new partners, so what sort of example does that set me and my brother? I don't know how they expect us to be normal when we have to live with the repercussions of their relationship dramas!
Wow, that was completely irrelevant to anything to do with Weight Watchers or my life, but it sure felt good to get it off my chest!!
Now, onto the important stuff....somebody PLEASE slap me round the face, hard, because I have yet again had a bit of a naughty weekend! After WI on Thursday I went to Nandos with the full intention of having a salad...and ended up with a chicken burger, chips AND garlic bread and a free 1/4 chicken from my loyalty card...EEEK. Then we went to the cinema to see Eclipse and Danielle and I shared some crispy m&ms. I said no to dinner that night and was good all day Friday, then yesterday me and mum went to see Inception (I hold my hands up to being a total cinema geek!!) and not only did I eat the packet of revels I'd bought for myself (3.5pts) I also then proceeded to scoff the malteasers (another 3.5pts) which put me 3pts over for the day! DAMMIT!
I've managed to be good again today at work but I haven't been able to point dinner :/ Mum made her signature dish and my absolute favourite meal, Goulash and braised red cabbage (for those of you who don't know, Goulash is a kind of tomato-y beef stew with veggies, but it was quite oily) and I had a couple of spoons of rice with it. I had 12.5pts left for the day so I should be ok - fingers crossed! I'm pretty sure I won't see much of a loss this week anyway as I weighed in first thing in the morning last week and will be going back to evenings this week, which can make all the difference on the scales sadly! We will have to see...
In other news, tomorrow is the HRP Tower of London Admissions Group B version of Friday!! Its the last of my four-days-on and I have Tuesday and Wednesday off - its a midweek weekend!! I'm so looking forward to having a good long sleep because early mornings definitely don't agree with me! I'm also hoping I won't be constantly hungry because I am definitely seeing a correlation between work and the desire to stuff myself! Am I the only one this happens to??? I do hope not.
OH OH OH. One more thing. My cousin uploaded some pics of me onto Facebook late last week that I thought I'd share :)
Thursday, 15 July 2010
Wednesday, 14 July 2010
Tuesday, 13 July 2010
Monday, 12 July 2010
Sunday, 11 July 2010
Thursday, 8 July 2010
- Do more exercise! If I'm going to work from dads next week I won't be getting my 25 minute walk to and from the station every day, so instead I'm going to restart my C25K from scratch (I only did it once anyway so its not like I'm going too far backwards...) I'm going to run on Sunday morning and then hopefully Tuesday evening and Thursday morning...its so AWKWARD trying to fit exercise around work!
- Eat my points. Over the last few weeks I've slipped into the dangerous habit of not eating all my points, so this week I'm going to make the effort to eat at least 25/27 a day. Because its so hot I don't ever feel like eating anything too heavy but I'm sure I'll think of some way to bump up the points...
- Drink lots of water. Admittedly I've been better at this since I've been back at work, but the problem lies mostly at home so i'm going to have one can of diet coke at work with my lunch, and then only drink water for the rest of the day :)
- Be more positive!! My mum explained to me recently the 'law of attraction' and the whole positive thinking philosophy, and how thinking positively can affect your life etc, so this week I am going to think positively about Weight Watchers, work, family, friends, and everything else.
Wednesday, 7 July 2010
Tuesday, 6 July 2010
- AMERICA! I will be spending the third year of my degree in the states, and there is NO way I'm going out there as the fat, spotty, awkward English girl who is always saying the wrong thing. No, I'm going out there as the slender, attractive English girl who is always saying the wrong thing.
- Confidence. This is a big thing for me, as it is for everybody who is trying to lose weight or change the way they look. I don't like going out, I don't like meeting new people because .I'm scared of what they'll think about me. When I get to goal, I know that I will be able to go out with my head held high because although it still won't be perfect, I'll be proud of my body and of what I've accomplished.
- Clothes... This is incredibly shallow, but what I wouldn't give to be able to buy nice clothes, that fit properly and look good. You can't follow fashion properly when you're fat, its just not possible. And its not fair - I LOVE clothes! Size ten girls really do get all the fun.
- Health. Quite low down the list considering how bloody important it is! I want to be healthy. I've taken huge steps to get more healthy already but I want to have a healthy BMI and an appropriate level of fitness for my age.
- The Summerrrrr. This is gross, but true. Fat girls do not fare well in the heat. After the last few weeks of crazily hot weather I'm thanking sweet Jesus that I'm almost 3st lighter than I was at the beginning of the year, otherwise I'm pretty sure they'd have been carrying me off the train every day in a coffin. Yuck.
- People. When I say people, I mean the relationships I form with them. I've never felt comfortable in my own skin, not ever. Even when I was a lot slimmer than I am now. Something just always wasn't right about me. I always felt awkward and I've never been able to really be myself. This has got worse as the weight has gone on, I've been more depressed and isolated myself. One day, when I'm comfortable and happy with how I look I can begin to form proper relationships again. At the moment I struggle with that a lot - the way I see it, if I don't like myself then how can I expect other people to like me? Its true that this one has a lot more to do with me as person rather than my size, but my size at the moment is the main thing I don't like. Once I've overcome that, I can work on the rest.